Awesome 100 Gallon Mixed Reef [4K]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Join in the fun as Joe Nixon takes you on a Tour De Force of one of the more "common size" reef tanks you will find in the hobby. This Waterbox 100.3 that has been set up and running at the World Wide Corals Superstore since November 2019. It is a beautiful mixed reef filled with colorful LPS, SPS, and soft corals. All the equipment in this reef is from EcoTech Marine. The return pump is a Vectra, and two MP-10 for the powerheads, and lastly two Radion XR-15 Gen5 Pros for the lights. We hope you enjoy the video, and happy reefing!

WWC-Mobius LED Lighting Schedule https://worldwidecorals.com/pages/led-lighting-presets

If you enjoyed the video please like & subscribe to our channel

Make Sure to check us out online at https://worldwidecorals.com

And Follow on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/worldwidecorals/

Last edited:

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded the profile.

Run it with no adjustment. I notice Point Intensity is at 55 but Schedule Intensity is at 100%.

First Day, corals closing up, my torch used to ext to 5-7cm but now 2cm Top.
Donut used to carpeted itself, on the sand like Flat Corals, now bulky up like Lava.
All Zoa Closed. Gonio also reacted.

And everything else seemed to be upset except 1 of my sps is dead. Instantly. Now only white skeleton left.

To explain, this tank is 180cmx80cmx80cm = Roughly 300gallons.
Run on 3pcs of G5 Pro.

The lighting hasn't been doing well, at least not for SPS. I used to set it on LPS/Soft (I thought it was MIXED with SPS) with default everything and SPS survived but no colors showed. Completely brown. So I moved SPS to my frag tank that runs on Orpheak and it's doing amazingly.

However... after I FINALLY noticed LPS/Soft is not being LPS/SPS... I decided to change to AB+ with sch.intensity on 80%. Everything seemed fine with one Blasto that have issued. And since, I moved some of SPS back in... And has left it that way for almost 3mth. Everything fine, again... Except Blasto that seemed to somewhat bailout, but it could have been because of my peppermint shrimps. Blasto were amazing on this spot. But it does catches lot of food in this area being a low flow area. But I introduce some PMS to deal with aipt. And since then, it seemed to fight with Blasto for foods and blasto hasn't been on its best form since.

Now... back to AB+, I don't like its WHITE form. So I looked around and found some WWC profile on the sites. After carefully thinking, I chose Joe's Nixon Mix Reef 100.3

And now on the 2nd day... All corals are somewhat F'up and one SPS is literally DEAD overnight.

Any suggest folks?

Ps. Light is hanging about 20cm off the surface of water. I know, a bit close to water but no more space.
However, if you measure in between LED to bottom of the sand, the Height Distance is 110cm, more or less.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back