Awesome astrea snail

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,727
Reaction score
33,721
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys don't seem to do a whole lot of algae eating when they're small IME. This old one came out of hiding in a tank so I grabbed it and put it in my 20g and it is polishing the back wall. I was just surprised as I've never seen my smaller ones do much more than make trails in the film algae on the glass.

PXL_20250629_175245566.jpg


The cone at the tip of the shell is about the size when added so this ones been around for a while.

PXL_20250629_175326366~2.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new