awesome fish recommendations for 60g tank

goaliedude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a 60g tank with a young snowflake eel, fuzzy dwarf lion and very young clown grouper. I know my options are limited but what would be some sweet reef safe fish I could add?

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add almost anything (using good judgement on size for a 60 gallon). Just remember, you have a predator tank and if it fits in somebody's mouth it may end up there.

OP
OP
G

goaliedude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea none of their mouths are big enough to really eat anything bigger than a shrimp but I mean I couldn't just throw a wrasse in there right? If there are any good ones please let me know

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if anything perhaps a fu man chu lionfish, but they are really hard starters

OP
OP
G

goaliedude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you saying not to add anything why is that? My tank only has three fish and plenty of room. The lionfish wont grow much, the eel will get only a little bit bigger and the grouper has only a few more inches to go before its regular size.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all very messy eaters, and will fowl up water very quickly, IMO. The grouper will grow to over a foot once it is full grown but in the meantime will require heavy feedings. Usually when people start aggressive tanks they have more water volume than 60 gallons. Are you trying to make an environment for your animals to thrive?

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use common sense. As long as your water parameters are in check and you maintain them you'll be fine. The fish you have now are very hard on the bio load of a 60 gallon tank. I'm assuming this is a well established tank and your livestock have been established a while. If it isn't, you may want to sit back and wait a bit before adding anything else. Also remember that your clown grouper has the potential to be 12 inches or more. He'll need a new home sooner or later.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back