FOWLR Stocking Advice 120 Gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter BillB83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BillB83

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
298
Reaction score
111
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a 120 gallon I just setup with with a sump that i was planning on using as a cichlid tank but I have a 135 gallon reef tank and now I'm thinking maybe I just use the 120 as a FOWLR tank.

What would be some stocking options with this 4x2 setup ?

So far im thinking:

Blue Spot Puffer
Yellow Corris Wrasse
Foxface
Marine Betta
Dwarf Lion Fish (not sure if compatible with other fish)
Maybe a 6+ damsels for some color (azure or yellow tails) typically the non satanspawn fish
Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish pair ??


Thanks
Bill
 
Last edited:
I may have put this in the wrong section, i reposted in fowlr section you can remove sorry about that!
 
Fish discussion is a good place for it.

I think you're original list looks pretty good. I usually would stay away from the bigger meaner clowns like maroons and clarkiis, but you might be okay. A full grown maroon might go after the damsels, and a full grown dwarf lion (fuzzy, zebra?) will eat them, but those damsels may be expendable to you. The lion is fine with everything except smaller damsels when it's an adult.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new