Awesome Kenya tree from Petco

random_name_2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
22
Location
SoCal (IE)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260425_154041_386A2EEF-62D1-4C88-8187-1E05A9B90213.png


20260425_154041_155D8F34-EA4C-42BB-BD2F-E48F0386D3DE.png

I typically don’t buy from petco and prefer locally owned businesses but I went in for fun and saw this awesome kenya tree and had to pick it up. Unfortunately all the other coral at petco was dying (Don’t mind my attention seeking clowns they photo bomb everything lol)
 
20260425_154041_386A2EEF-62D1-4C88-8187-1E05A9B90213.png


20260425_154041_155D8F34-EA4C-42BB-BD2F-E48F0386D3DE.png

I typically don’t buy from petco and prefer locally owned businesses but I went in for fun and saw this awesome kenya tree and had to pick it up. Unfortunately all the other coral at petco was dying (Don’t mind my attention seeking clowns they photo bomb everything lol)

I have gotten some awesome corals and fish from my local Petco. We are just lucky I guess.
Congrats on the coral.
 
Really? Why do they get hate?

I have a few types in my tank. My daughter loves them so I keep them. I think they add great volume and movement especially early on.

But as they get bigger they reproduce like rabbits. I have to go through with tongs and a bucket once a week to clear out all the babies. They reproduce faster than any local market can demand, so most end up in the trash.
 
Really? Why do they get hate?
They grow really fast, and once they get big enough they start dropping 1-2 babies at a time to blow around your tank and attach somewhere random. It can get invasive in your tank if you don't stay on top of it. Otherwise, it's amazing. Great at removing nitrates and phosphates, grows quickly to help fill in the tank more, moves nicely in the current.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new