Awesome new LED's check these out!

just keep ur eyes on the the pendents cuz they can get hot n catch a fire.
 
Yeah, see reefbuilders, they did a feature on them, caught fire on a teachers tank I believe.
 
I read the post on the fire and it was sad.

At least it did not happen in someones home at night with the smoke detector missing the battery. Here in Chicago that tragedy is reported way too often.

A local guy had his sump catch fire and was put out by the flames cracking the glass resulting in a lost reef but extinguished fire. This of course happened while he was not home.

Recent posts about the Chinese Fixture catching fire lead me to google automatic style fire extinguishers like Fireboy. Its similar to the ones we have on our jets in the lavatory.

Other than the cost I dont see the harm in placing something similar in the sump area or hood.

Bill
 
Last edited:
Great to see the ongoing pictures - any updates?

-Matt
 
yes actually ive since added another 20 watt 14k and 3 10 watt blues didnt realize how bland my colora were untill i added some blues and they alsl make them in UV blue and ehat i have which i believe is 450nm blue bjt i will add some updated pics in my next post
 
heres ares some pics some were taken at night so sme corals are closed
100_1071.jpg
100_1070.jpg
100_1068.jpg
 
had a problem with the atrenia starfish sorry I know misspelled but anyways got 3 hareqiun shrimp love these guys
100_1052.jpg
100_1074.jpg
also heres a pic of my corals during the day when they are open. I have a bubble coral that is literally a foot wide haha its huge!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new