AWO & ATO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the Doser 2.1 handle the duties of ATO and AWO? The tank is a RSR250 so it’s total water volume is 65 gallons. I’d like to perform 10% weekly water changes. The DT is on the first floor with the holding tanks in the basement directly below the display tank.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean AWC?
I've never used that dosing pump before so my opinion is just speculation, but according to its spec it's head height is 15-20ft so in theory it should be able to do it. With the smaller pump/motor size it wouldn't be my first choice though. Ghl used to make the doser maxi (same heads as the neptune dos I believe) and it was better sized for that purpose. They discontinued it and to the best of my knowledge don't have a replacement.

Hopefully someone who has more personal experience with that pump can provide more insight. I'd guess however that very few people use the doser 2.1 for that application.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 2.1 for ATO and a Maxi to do 3gal/day on a 120g.
Wait for the new Maxi.

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 2.1 for ATO and a Maxi to do 3gal/day on a 120g.
Wait for the new Maxi.
Any updates am when the Maxi doser is coming out? I think their focus is on the Ion Director at the moment.

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also suggest waiting for the maxi, I tried AWC with a doser 2.1 and its not powerful enough it takes hours to do 7 litres

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the DoS for this purpose but it was loud. My wife works in the basement, where the units were, only one wall away. They were quite disruptive till a storm took both units out of commission. I'm looking to replace them w/either this or Spectrapure's Litermeter (big bucks, however). Do you guys. know if the Maxi is any quieter than the DoS?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the DoS for this purpose but it was loud. My wife works in the basement, where the units were, only one wall away. They were quite disruptive till a storm took both units out of commission. I'm looking to replace them w/either this or Spectrapure's Litermeter (big bucks, however). Do you guys. know if the Maxi is any quieter than the DoS?
Having used 3 DOS at the same time, I would say the DOS is much louder the the Maxi I have. I would think (expect) the Maxi 2.2 with the redesigned head, will be even quieter yet. I will be on the list for one once they are out.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back