AZ FRAG April Meeting: CANCELED (4/20 @ 3PM)

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Join us for our April meeting, at a special host's location!

***MEETING CANCELED***

PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR AN UPDATE

This meeting we'll be visiting Jimmy's home (Sisterlimonpot) on the west side of the valley where we'll get a tour of his setup. Check out his build thread here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-rendition-of-300.550019/

We'll have a small raffle as well as our usual coral auction at the end.

Food: this meeting will be "pot luck" style. Members are encouraged to bring a dish or snack of their choice to share with others. If you'd care to post in the thread here about what you plan to bring, that would be great for everyone's planning!

For the auction, please be a member in good standing prior to 2:30PM. If you do not have a bidder number from the past please arrive by 2:30 to get one.

This meeting DOES require club dues. Sign up here if you have not registered for 2019: http://www.azfragclub.com/membership

Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
(33.492911, -112.463007)

When:
April 20th 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Coral auction begins around 4:00pm

SELLERS……Please list your Bidder number and up to 10 corals for the auction with the starting bid. Pictures are encouraged. You have until the Thursday night before the auction at 9pm to list. Please have your corals available for the 2:30 viewing.

There might be some PROP frags available; they'll be listed below if we have any.

Please NO posting a reserved spot. If you have your list and are waiting on pictures that is fine. Please also try not to add or change any items if possible. This is very helpful for us when putting the auction program together.

We look forward to another great meeting!

Last edited:

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll bring sweet n spicy meatballs. :)
meatballs.JPG

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
(33.492911, -112.463007)

I'm glad you posted the coordinates, a lot of times in the past google took people to another spot 10 miles away.

I'm excited to host this months meeting, my tank is in the infant stage, trying to get the fish through QT. At the moment the real thrill of my set up is in the equipment room and how careful planning will make for a great reef tank (when the time comes hehe).

I know I'm in the west valley, but well worth the trip...

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you posted the coordinates, a lot of times in the past google took people to another spot 10 miles away.
Yeah, I noticed quickly about that while playing around in Google maps. I tried hard to make sure all map links will get people there!

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have loved to attend. Unfortunately, I have to do some stuff for the wife that week-end. Would have liked to see how a pro set up an equipment room.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. My wife wants to have a booth at the Phoenix Night Market next week-end. Come on out to see us if you can. She is making Hiroshima okonomiyaki. It is a night market but we have to set up in the day time.

https://phxnightmarket.com/

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to take this opportunity to get rid of a few things,

my hanna hi713 phosphate checker.. first $20 in my hand gets it
KKFBAZFl.jpg

Vectra S1
Brand new sealed in the box first $140 in my hand gets it
wHgrqmwl.jpg

MP40QD
Brand new sealed in the box first $140 in my hand gets it
fyYeopKl.jpg

Lastly,
2 each PM60WES used for 3 years, first $140 [each] in my hand get it.
8CHq3L8l.jpg

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in the MP60 if it is in good working condition. PM me your addy and a good time to meet. I can't go to the meeting.

And probably the MP40 also.

This will be my chance to see your set-up.

JustAnotherReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are we able to meet up earlier for the MP40 or is it just for that specific event?

will be in NM that weekend is why i am asking

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will bring some tortilla chips and a dip of some sort.

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pay pal account? I'll have the money in your account in 30 seconds. I'll take the Hanna checker. :)

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Important Update*

We have an unfortunate situation - Around midday today, Jimmy's wife contacted me to inform us that Jimmy (@Sisterlimonpot) was involved in an auto accident and is in the hospital. Needless to say, the prior meeting plan will no longer be the meeting plan. I do not have any updates on his condition, but if I receive any and have permission to share such with you, I will do so.

In the meantime, we are trying to come up with an alternative venue for the meeting, but so far do not have anything solid. The Broken Yolk is not available for us this time. Does anyone have a space in mind that we could use?

Ayzel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunate situation with Jimmy, I do hope he makes a speedy recovery from his injuries. I go by Ayzel1 here in R2R, but my name is Carlos. I know Deep Blue Aquariums has a nice space, I can ask if Joel would allow the group to use his shop, and also his shop closes at 6pm on Saturday’s. I am sure Joel knows Jimmy, because anyone that lives in the west valley has more than likely been to his store.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Deep Blue Aquariums has a nice space, I can ask if Joel would allow the group to use his shop, and also his shop closes at 6pm on Saturday’s. I am sure Joel knows Jimmy, because anyone that lives in the west valley has more than likely been to his store.
We're pretty open. Let us know!

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The multipurpose room at the Main Library in Peoria is open. I work there so we won't have to rent the space. I really don't know anyone in this group yet, but I'm more than happy to help out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back