help with my neptune AFS!

smitten with ocean life

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Messages
7,806
Reaction score
25,840
Location
CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used auto feeder from the marketplace here. i think the unit is fine, but i cant figure out how to hook it up!! has anyone else recently hooked one up that could walk me through the set up? im just going in circles with neptune support. thanks!
 
I have one but it’s been a long time since I first hooked mine up. Starting with the basics I assume you know that it only needs a aquabus cable. After that did you try to run the task for setting one up? Some extra detail on what it is, or isn’t doing, would probably help.
Its been a few years since I hooked mine up, but I don’t remember it being complicated.
 
yes, i plug it into the apex with the cable. but it doesnt pull up on the apex screen when i login. theres just nothing
 
If you run the task to set one up does it show it connected? Here is mine as an example.
IMG_1038.png
 
It is the clipboard icon at the top of the dashboard. In this picuture it’s the button beside the three gears button
IMG_1039.png

It will take you to a list that lets you pick what you want to setup.
 
I bought a used auto feeder from the marketplace here. i think the unit is fine, but i cant figure out how to hook it up!! has anyone else recently hooked one up that could walk me through the set up? im just going in circles with neptune support. thanks!
You have to connect USB plug to the eb832 to the AFS. A new link will show up on fusion page and you then will program intervals and time on the AFS page
 
ok sorry. trying to find it and not seeing it. mine is on a laptop, not a phone. dont know if that makes a difference or not...
 
ok sorry. trying to find it and not seeing it. mine is on a laptop, not a phone. dont know if that makes a difference or not...
Not sure. I’ve never access fusion on a laptop. I’ve only done it from my phone. You can also try clicking on the gear icon and it will display more buttons. It could just be that the tasks button isn’t displayed without expanding the settings buttons.
 
i see what you mean. its not pulling up on my screen.:disappointed-face: thanks for trying to help me.i knew a should have gone with a different feeder!:rolleyes::p
 
i see what you mean. its not pulling up on my screen.:disappointed-face: thanks for trying to help me.i knew a should have gone with a different feeder!:rolleyes::p
So were you able to find the tasks but it doesn’t show up in the task? Is there any chance that it shows that a new tile is available in the top right corner? If so you can probably drag the tile down to your dashboard then configure it.
If nothing else works you may want to try to login through apex local. You just need to type the IP address of your Apex into a web browser and login with the default username of “admin” and the password of “1234”. It’s logging into your apex directly and sometimes is allows more access.
 
yeah thats how i access it from the laptop. but no, clipboard shows up
I just logged in through local on my phone and there is no tasks menu for me, so I guess that’s normal.
My best guess is that if you login through the online fusion portal you will have the tasks menu.
Here is the link but you’ll have to know your apex login and password.
https://apexfusion.com/login
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new