AZMSGT build thread

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But still a classic.
Agreed, it is a classic. I recently lost a Garf colony although a frag of it is hanging on OK now. But here is an excuse to share a photo of my classic tricolor. It outgrew my DT. My LFS shopped it around his big tank customers and found a good home for it. I deliver it Christmas Eve as a Christmas gift.

Attachments

• IMG-4750.JPG
    IMG-4750.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New FTS. I removed one of the three old towers and broke up the others. Also salvaged some of the encrusted corals that where on those old towers that survived every move so far.

c76767fb-993d-4182-9225-5b73be184e12-jpeg.1938549

Here's an image of the towers I was referring to. These where used in the tanks first aquascape.

No idea why it's posting this same image twice.. I delete it and save and reload at it re-adds it back.. Some times you just gotta go with it.

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New FTS. I removed one of the three old towers and broke up the others. Also salvaged some of the encrusted corals that where on those old towers and survived every move so far.

c76767fb-993d-4182-9225-5b73be184e12-jpeg.1938549

Here's an image of the towers I was referring to. These where used in the tanks first aquascape.

No idea why it's posting this same image twice.. I delete it and save and reload at it re-adds it back.. Some times you just gotta go with it.
Looks really great.

Does it support flow as well as you thought it would? I took out a ton of stacked rock, but still tweaking my MP & gyre positions.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really great.

Does it support flow as well as you thought it would? I took out a ton of stacked rock, but still tweaking my MP & gyre positions.
I’m still going to remove more rock. I plan to remove piece once a month. Most of the parts that are broken up from the old towers are what’s coming out. Also I have coral on rock in my friends system that will come back here. I needed to make space for it’s return. Once I clear enough space I have other rocks designed not to sit on the bottom that will go in.

It’s a long process to do this right.

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still going to remove more rock. I plan to remove piece once a month. Most of the parts that are broken up from the old towers are what’s coming out. Also I have coral on rock in my friends system that will come back here. I needed to make space for it’s return. Once I clear enough space I have other rocks designed not to sit on the bottom that will go in.

It’s a long process to do this right.
Agree it is a long process. I have been at it for months, one section at a time.

I think your forced reboot has been worth it to get that new scape going. (But then, I didn't have to do all the work:) )

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree it is a long process. I have been at it for months, one section at a time.

I think your forced reboot has been worth it to get that new scape going. (But then, I didn't have to do all the work:) )
Funny thing, I was already in the planning stages of a new scape when this happened. At the time I was trying to figure out how to salvage coral and attach them to new sections as I went.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the tank failure but looks like it's going well now. Nice work keeping the old media. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my rock and media as long as I'm in the hobby.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, I know you are seeded for coralline, but is it already growing on the glass/rock or not yet? Seems like I see some coming in between the second and third progression shot.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, I know you are seeded for coralline, but is it already growing on the glass/rock or not yet? Seems like I see some coming in between the second and third progression shot.
I had coraline spreading on day 10 of the rebuild. I’ve been scraping it off the glass since. I was heavily seeded by my old rock and snails so the coraline growth was my hint to start getting my corals back in.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had coraline spreading on day 10 of the rebuild. I’ve been scraping it off the glass since. I was heavily seeded by my old rock and snails so the coraline growth was my hint to start getting my corals back in.
Nice!

And to think that every single day, another tank begins with a dead rock start... scratching my head.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good. Plenty of room for some more coral!

In the video, I can see the fish getting shoved around by the flow, getting a good workout. Nice effect.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good. Plenty of room for some more coral!

In the video, I can see the fish getting shoved around by the flow, getting a good workout. Nice effect.
Yea, there’s just a little bit of flow in that tank.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back