OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday the Wrasse never came out. It stayed hidden the entire day. I could see it and it’s breathing was elevated the entire day. Keeping fingers crossed that today it will be doing better.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday the Wrasse never came out. It stayed hidden the entire day. I could see it and it’s breathing was elevated the entire day. Keeping fingers crossed that today it will be doing better.
My 6 line wrasse did the same thing twice. First time when I brought it home from the LFS it hid for nearly 2 days. The second time is when we moved it to the main display about a year later. After a day of hiding it was out and about and feeding like a champ! Fingers crossed that yours will do the same after a day of adjusting!

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6 line wrasse did the same thing twice. First time when I brought it home from the LFS it hid for nearly 2 days. The second time is when we moved it to the main display about a year later. After a day of hiding it was out and about and feeding like a champ! Fingers crossed that yours will do the same after a day of adjusting!
This morning after the lights came on the Wrasse came out of his hiding spot. At feeding time he ate so I would say he is now good to go.

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diatoms are inevitable, they are a natural part of the cycle. Just stay on top of it and they will disappear. Don't over feed your tank in this stage as its still a new system. Looking good, happy Reefing.

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I said today something would be happening and it has... I got my first group of Fish.

3 Green Chromis
2 Oc clowns
1 Fox Face
1 Carpenters Wrasse
and Purple Haze the Purple Tang

Great Name for a Great Fish.. Great Looking Tank Sir... and Thank You for your Service

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now that im following i gotta ask.. cleaner shrimp worth the headache if stealing food? or picking at coral??? my girl wants 1 or 2 bad. and i did at first until i read the issues and i convinced myself i will not get one... but she wants one.. and i think it would be cool.. maybe 1....

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now that im following i gotta ask.. cleaner shrimp worth the headache if stealing food? or picking at coral??? my girl wants 1 or 2 bad. and i did at first until i read the issues and i convinced myself i will not get one... but she wants one.. and i think it would be cool.. maybe 1....
Since my cleaner shrimp mainly hides and just gets the scraps that the fish don't eat I'm likely not the best person to ask. Also I have no coral in the main tank yet, everything is in QT at the moment.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the last few weeks I have been building a cabinet to go on the left side of my tank. The bottom will have a Calcium reactor, CO2 tank and I might move my ATO tank over to it. The top is meant to be all storage. The wife blessed it to look good enough in the house so I did something right.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 63 41.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back