B-Ionic® Nitrate

PeaBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All - does anyone have experience using ESV B-ionic Nitrate, or have a take on its effectiveness? I just found it on https://www.esvaquarium.com. My 90 gallon nitrate level is constantly near zero, and I wonder if my corals might benefit from this.

Thanks!

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using it for roughly 5 months. Positive results and dosing recommendations are accurate to ppm results.

I also have a 90 gallon that was barely reading .25ppm. Decided to use this and have been able to maintain nitrates at 5 with ease. Corals look the same with slight coloration change (for the better as my home wrecker is not developing pink tips).

Use with confidence

OP
OP
PeaBrain

PeaBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. So about the overfeeding fish idea... will doing that be the same as dosing NO3? I guess I wonder if overfeeding would lead to building phosphates. I might be way off here in my thinking though.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. So about the overfeeding fish idea... will doing that be the same as dosing NO3? I guess I wonder if overfeeding would lead to building phosphates. I might be way off here in my thinking though.
You want the phosphate as well, in balance. As long as the food is quality and marine-based, it shouldn’t have excessive phosphates.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back