Baby Astrea snails in refugium?

Salty87

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2022
Messages
91
Reaction score
81
Location
Asia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone confirm that these are indeed astrea snail babies ? I had dropped a bunch in my refugium and have nothing else in there. Pardon the dirty glass, I have included a shot of an adult to their right as well. They are of varied sizes. I have had them spawn in the water column multiple times but never noticed any babies till now and from what I read is not that common ?
 
125263.jpg


IMG20261002215625.jpg

IMG20261002215611.jpg

IMG20261002215554.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I’m not a snail expert, but my astreas do not have those sharp edges (crown like). But either way, that’s really cool.
 
Upvote 0
I’m not a snail expert, but my astreas do not have those sharp edges (crown like). But either way, that’s really cool.
The tank is a 150 gallon mixed reef that's comparatively new (6 months). I obtained the adults that were sold to me as spiny astrea or deep sea astrea. I have the ugly stage still going on with a diatom bloom so I chucked a handful in the refugium area. The other types of snails I have in the display are white ceriths, nassarius, bumblebees and banded trochus.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new