Baby Bangaii

steamman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bangaii male released last night. I left the male in the tank for the release. It was a little bit of a pain but I caught 9 babies. He is still holding. I guess I will get a few more tomorrow.
20181008_105515[2].jpg

OP
OP
steamman

steamman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up with 20 babies. Not too bad for my (and the Cardinal pair) first time. Very hard to collect in a display tank. I am sure I missed some. I thought the babies would go straight for the fake urchin. That is not what happened. They went everywhere. I caught 3 in the urchin. On another note they are showing signs of aggression with each other already.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lucky you. A school these are gorgeous under the right light spectrum !

Monty Alexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bangaii male released some also but mine babies didn't make it, I saw them for a couple of days and then they were gone. Congratulations, I hope they make it.

Monty Alexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bangaii male released some the other day too. I saw the babies for a couple of days and then they were gone. Congratulations and I hope they make it.

OP
OP
steamman

steamman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your plans for them
I gave half to a friend to raise. I was going to give him all of them because I didn't want the extra work of raising cultures. I have my half in a nursery inside the display tank. I just bought a Marina hang on breeder and modified it with a small power head. It works great except it doesn't fit the rim of my tank. I have to make an adapter for the rim to make it safe. The breeder is completely silent running.
20181014_091030[1].jpg

20181014_091103[1].jpg

OP
OP
steamman

steamman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to ween the babies off live food. Tried Ocean Nutrition Instant Brine Shrimp. They won't touch it. I even starved them for a couple days. They just won't eat it. They are getting so big it is hard to keep up with their appetite. It is a little much. I need to get them of live food. Any ideas?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back