Baby BTA care

Brandy Hiller

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2017
Messages
32
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found these little gems on a zoa rock I purchased. First of all, they are baby BTA yes? And how does one care for the babies? I just purchased a rose BT and the zoanthid rock yesterday and noticed the babies today.... The tentacles are sticky and they ate shrimp without problems

photostudio_1499746206788.jpg
 
These sure do look like baby nems! Congrats on the find! Pristine water conditions, feeding maybe 2 times a week. Good lighting. Just remember nems will move on their own in order to find the perfect spot for it.
 
I would pull the rock out of the water hold upside down and make the nems detach so the don't kill your zoas. The place in a breeder box so you can watch and feed them.
 
I think they like that spot they haven't moved. I'll get a breeder box for them :D
 
Id watch them could be majano...
+1, RBTA splits tend to stay close to the parent for some time.;) Are they the same color as the parent?
 
Honestly how do we tell majano from BTA???
 
Id watch them could be majano...
That's what I was thinking.
They look rather small for BTA splits, but it is possible. The shape of the bulbed tip to me looks a bit suspect, but that does vary. It is possible that they are micro splits of the BTA, but I would certainly be very careful.
 
Thanks I'll keep an eye on them ;Bored
 
Hard to tell the difference between the two as majanos are technically quadricolors as well. They just stay small and are prolific.which sucks because they are kinda pretty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new