baby ghost ribbon eel

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I raised this baby (it double in size to now maybe almost a foot) I'm wondering whether there will be problems keeping it with an adult ribbon eel. I've seen it in a lot of LPS in my area do that. Also will a dwarf fuzzy go after it?
 
Should be fine, I don't have 2 ribbon eels, but my ribbon eel is in my Lion's Reef, they really pay him no mind. They just get aggravated when he snatches a molly or ghostie right from under their noses.

You are a brave fellow for keeping 2 ribbon eels and a fuzzy, what do you feed them.
 
Last edited:
Should be fine, I don't have 2 ribbon eels, but my ribbon eel is in my Lion's Reef, they really pay him no mind. They just get aggravated when he snatches a molly or ghostie right from under their noses.

You are a brave fellow for keeping 2 ribbon eels and a fuzzy, what do you feed them.
Tbh I'm more scared if the fuzzys their mouths are double the diameter of the eel. Though the eel is like 4 times it's length
 
Tbh I'm more scared if the fuzzys their mouths are double the diameter of the eel. Though the eel is like 4 times it's length

It's the length, they need to slurp it up in one swallow. It's not like they chew.
 
It's the length, they need to slurp it up in one swallow. It's not like they chew.
Can they not do what frogfishes do? Slowly swallon after bite? My friend had his goby eaten like that.
 
I've never seen it, I've kept lions and anglers with small eels and they have never looked twice at them. An angler can eat something the same size as themselves but I've never seen them even interested in something twice or more their length. The largest, longest fish I've ever seen one of my lions eat was almost, not quite 2/3 their length. I hold that nothing is impossible, so dont do it if you are concerned.

It's always best to err on the side of caution, sounds like your eel needs to grow more to be safe.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new