Baby mushrooms

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We was moving my mushroom around and I noticed on the underside of the rubble it is attached to that there are two baby mushrooms growing. Is there anyway to safely remove them from the rubble and get them on their own as they are more or less in the sand and I’m not sure how they are even alive. Or are they like a bta and will wonder off when they want to

69FF0E74-127B-4C61-B9D9-99A98298D259.jpeg

Last edited:

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mushrooms are corallimorphs, not corals. They can crawl some, or, when sufficiently upset, can let go of their hold and float away.

Pointing a powerhead at them will generally annoy them into letting go. Alternately, you could snip a bit of the rock off with bone snips, taking the anemone with it.

OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms are corallimorphs, not corals. They can crawl some, or, when sufficiently upset, can let go of their hold and float away.

Pointing a powerhead at them will generally annoy them into letting go. Alternately, you could snip a bit of the rock off with bone snips, taking the anemone with it.
Thanks for info. Would it be better to let them grow more where they are if they are happy before they at as they are about the size of a coffee bean now. I don’t know if my hermits will pick at the cleaning and kill them?

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for info. Would it be better to let them grow more where they are if they are happy before they at as they are about the size of a coffee bean now. I don’t know if my hermits will pick at the cleaning and kill them?
just let them go. if they want a better spot to be, they will slowly move themself to get there, or detach themself to go elsewhere

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If your hermits don't bother the adult shrooms, they shouldn't bother the babies.

You might try tilting the rock a little, to get them slightly further away from the sand.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave them on the rock they are on. you can place that rock in a spot you like as long as you keep them in Low Flow.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back