Rhodactis Mushroom Sliding off Rock

Jimjam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Rhodactis Mushroom that has been slowly sliding off it's rock/plug for about a week. It is just being held by one part. It has been in the middle of a small 24 gallon tank for at least 3 months without issue. Water parameters have been stable. My guess is he's not liking the lighting. Should I just break the plug off the rock & put him in the sand? Or just let him hand until he falls? I've heard they may move if they don't like their placement. I had a Disco mushroom float around quite awhile ago & attched itself to a rock on the sand bed. I've had my tank for right at a year. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Jim.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Rhodactis Mushroom that has been slowly sliding off it's rock/plug for about a week. It is just being held by one part. It has been in the middle of a small 24 gallon tank for at least 3 months without issue. Water parameters have been stable. My guess is he's not liking the lighting. Should I just break the plug off the rock & put him in the sand? Or just let him hand until he falls? I've heard they may move if they don't like their placement. I had a Disco mushroom float around quite awhile ago & attched itself to a rock on the sand bed. I've had my tank for right at a year. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Jim.
Is it very bright or high flow where they are? That can lead to them detaching/crawling somewhere new in search of less light and flow. I find they rarely crawl to MORE light even if under overhangs

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jimjam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s been in the same place, but power head & rock may have moved a bit. I’m going to take it off the move it to the sand close to the base of a rock. I’ll see if it decides it likes it better. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back