Baby shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've had a single Cleaner Shimp (Lysmata amboinensis) hatch babies many times in my tank. I can see the babies at night with a flashlight.... they are always gone by the next morning. Same holds true for a Clownfish pair that are also in the tank.
 
I've had a single Cleaner Shimp (Lysmata amboinensis) hatch babies many times in my tank. I can see the babies at night with a flashlight.... they are always gone by the next morning. Same holds true for a Clownfish pair that are also in the tank.
Hopefully some survive in the live rock. But I have a mandarin so she'll get most hiding.
Next time I'll skim them out and put in QT
 
I've had a single Cleaner Shimp (Lysmata amboinensis) hatch babies many times in my tank. I can see the babies at night with a flashlight.... they are always gone by the next morning. Same holds true for a Clownfish pair that are also in the tank.
Be keeping a few of those. Expensive here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new