Baby snails showing up???

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow it seems like I can't go a day without finding another creature to post here lol. About a week ago I found what I thought was a baby nass snail, as it was identical to my grown ones. Well, I found an adult whelk in my tank, yay, so I moved him and said baby to the fuge to live out their days there. Now, I am finding more baby snails. But, they don't look like whelks/nassarius snails as they don't have the snout. The ones big enough for me to see well enough have 2 feelers like my turbos, but the shells are closer to cerith, being cone shaped, but they range from stark white, to white and black striped, to just black. I have found maybe 5, one of which was in the protein skimmer compartment of my sump. They are climbing on the glass, most are near the sand bed and a few venturing up to the top of the tank. Any ideas on if they are cerith, turbo, or some other snail babies? They are too small to get good photos:( Also, one of my snails (I think a cerith) moved out of his shell and into an empty hermit crab shell. Is that normal? He is fine, but I didn't think they could do that.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425238592.436770.jpg

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snails cannot change shells. It sounds to me like you are describing Cerith snails

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back