Baby snails

Chela101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2023
Messages
320
Reaction score
201
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank been good except a small period when I went to vacay… and today while doing my weekly clean we found these in the sock! The smallest one is smaller than the pointy side of my needle I showed as comparison 😁😁 could I possibly put these in a different tank and reproduce within themselves? And how young can they start reproducing
IMG_0448.jpeg


IMG_0447.jpeg


IMG_0446.jpeg


IMG_0449.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Looks like Trochus. I started with 4 “adults” and have seen 2-3 generations born in a year. Usually I will see cloudy water at daybreak, and a few weeks later these little guys will be everywhere. I’d say 4 months or so. Hard to say if the younger ones are spawning in that duration, as the old timers are still around.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like Trochus. I started with 4 “adults” and have seen 2-3 generations born in a year. Usually I will see cloudy water at daybreak, and a few weeks later these little guys will be everywhere. I’d say 4 months or so. Hard to say if the younger ones are spawning in that duration, as the old timers are still around.
Okay so I been hunting them and I put new filter floss and I found bunch of these guys!! Lmk if you can see the video
View attachment 20260308_034439_B3FA692C-4C8F-4EC2-A6DF-6FD9F51648F6.mov
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new