Electrical and ventilation is fully done. Was hoping to run pipes for auto water change and top up, but LEDs on my biocube started blasting the tank at full power. My chalice is very close to water surface and was getting over 500 PAR. Fortunately it was only a voltage regulator. I was pushing it regulating from 20V to 5V and after few years it finally gave up on me. Fortunately I had a spare one and the LEDS are running again.
Ah, there is big news. I finally got my hands on a Trident. Needless to say I hooked it up to my existing biocube :). Yes, manually testing water parameters is very high on my maintenance hate list :mad:
You may have noticed I have updated the thread name and added "dual water" o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Let me explain what I mean ;) I like experimenting and trying new things. Having one tank always felt very constraining. At the same time maintaining multiple tanks without automation was way too time consuming.
There will be 4 tanks 40g, 25g.25g.100g and two sumps. Left sump - freshwater. Right sump - saltwater. The idea is to be able to quickly change configuration and have tanks connected to either saltwater or freshwater system.
I will probably start with 40g fresh breeder ( German Blue Rams ), 25g fresh display (low light, no CO2), 25g salt frag, 100g salt reef.
Hoping that this setup will give me plenty of flexibility and minimum maintenance.