Back in the hobby after 15 years!

AaaR2R2.gif


Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!
 
Hi! I recently got back into this amazing hobby. I used to run a 120-gallon reef tank years ago, and it’s incredible how much the technology has changed since then!

This time I’m keeping things a bit smaller. I started a 25-gallon tank and plan to keep a pair of clownfish, a blenny, and a mixed reef. The tank is currently in its 4th week.

Current equipment:
  • Innovative Marine 25-gallon Lagoon aquarium
  • AI Blade Grow lights
  • FZONE ATO with controller
  • Hygger Mini Wave Maker 951
  • Inkbird ITC-308S temperature controller
  • For cooling, I 3D-printed a holder for a 120mm computer fan, which keeps the tank stable at around 77–78°F.
  • DIY cover made from window screen, with a 3D-printed feeding port integrated into the frame.
I also replaced the media socks that came with the tank with a custom 3D-printed media box that holds filter media, pre-filter media, and carbon.

My current livestock is one clownfish, 5 hermit crabs, some zoas, clove polyps fireworks, and some live rock. The tank was already cycling when I bought the kit, which helped with the cycling process.


IMG_0357.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg
IMG_0435.jpeg
IMG_0431.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg
I recently got this tank! What stand did you go with? I can’t tell does it have a cabinet? That’s the last piece for my setup before I can get going!
 
Hi! I recently got back into this amazing hobby. I used to run a 120-gallon reef tank years ago, and it’s incredible how much the technology has changed since then!

This time I’m keeping things a bit smaller. I started a 25-gallon tank and plan to keep a pair of clownfish, a blenny, and a mixed reef. The tank is currently in its 4th week.

Current equipment:
  • Innovative Marine 25-gallon Lagoon aquarium
  • AI Blade Grow lights
  • FZONE ATO with controller
  • Hygger Mini Wave Maker 951
  • Inkbird ITC-308S temperature controller
  • For cooling, I 3D-printed a holder for a 120mm computer fan, which keeps the tank stable at around 77–78°F.
  • DIY cover made from window screen, with a 3D-printed feeding port integrated into the frame.
I also replaced the media socks that came with the tank with a custom 3D-printed media box that holds filter media, pre-filter media, and carbon.

My current livestock is one clownfish, 5 hermit crabs, some zoas, clove polyps fireworks, and some live rock. The tank was already cycling when I bought the kit, which helped with the cycling process.


IMG_0357.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg
IMG_0435.jpeg
IMG_0431.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg
Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new