Back in the PE game

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing special, but I'm back in the PE game after loosing all my PE a while ago. Nothing like the classic Stardust PE to get things kicked off.

p1040094f.jpg

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Todd, tried to pick some of those up awhile back, but didn't get the job done. I assume those are called stardust cause of the sparkles? Reason I ask, is I have some that were Monster Lips or Jolly Green Giant, which have now morphed to have the more purple ring around the oral disc. I also have some that I purchased as Acid Drops that have a whiter incomplete ring around the oral disc, and the sparkles.

OP
OP
Lateral72

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, the purple propagator's ring and the white speckling are what make the Stardust.

Stardust seem to hold their speckling a lot better than other morphs. Maybe not as intense under lower lighting but will have some. I need to take a photo of them closed up, the watermelon striping isn't striping at all, but rather speckling. Quite interesting.

OP
OP
Lateral72

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have some that I purchased as Acid Drops that have a whiter incomplete ring around the oral disc, and the sparkles.

Are they more speckles or splotches?

There's like 5-10 different names for PE's that have the white ring and white speckling/splotching. :sad:

OP
OP
Lateral72

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from a basic RPE frag, nada. School has been taxing on me ($$). :(

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back