Back In

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL DOH!!! I forgot you are moving soon. Well, I know otherwise you'd be a member of ETRC. As far as I'm concerned, you're still welcome to get some GFO at club cost if you'd like. It's $13.50/lb

OP
OP
jmann124

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL DOH!!! I forgot you are moving soon. Well, I know otherwise you'd be a member of ETRC. As far as I'm concerned, you're still welcome to get some GFO at club cost if you'd like. It's $13.50/lb
When would be a good time to come get some? I'm out of town his weekend so it'll have to be tomorrow night or after Sunday. Also, is there a link to pay through PayPal?

OP
OP
jmann124

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow after 6 should be fine.
I rinsed that GFO for 20 minutes then put it in my overflow. Checked back a few minutes later and had a small pile of dust in my overflow. Then I put the hose of it in a filter sock and hung it over a sumo baffle. It started dusting my pump then. I move it to a lower flow area of the sump and it's still dripping dust. Some took it out. No holes in the hose or filter sock. Any suggestions or is that normal?

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you rinsed it until it was clear. My guess is that the GFO is tumbling too much.

To get the most out of GFO, it needs to gently tumble. Of course a reactor is the ideal way to achieve this. But you can get some benefit the way you're doing it now.

The dust won't hurt anything unless it starts coating everything. In that case, I would just yank it until you can get a reactor.

You could try lower flow and a finer micron sock. But the GFO needs to be agitated in some way or it really won't be effective.

OP
OP
jmann124

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been silent lately with work and school being busy. Picked up a Ted Fromia Star this weekend. It's moving all over the place and looking good. It's a little smaller than my palm.
433a093b40c96bf620cd7f23175dc7ca.jpg

OP
OP
jmann124

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a couple things yesterday at the expo. I'll get some pics of the other things later. Right now, my favorite thing is this acid rain BTA. It's about 3 inches across and bubbled right up as soon as I put it in and has stayed that way ever since. It started out on top of the rock (left pic) and after an hour or so moved and tucked itself inside the little hole on the same rock (right pic).
3d346d1c9de513d02c0464ee94583fdf.jpg

OP
OP
jmann124

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also picked up one of those acid rain bta

I just shot a little LRS toward mine. Grabbed it right up and took it in. Seems to be doing well after 24 hours. I just wish it would come out of the hole and display itself. Oh well, par for the course and can change its mind at any time.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back