Backup generator recommendations

dwhanc00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my 140 about two months ago. I am looking for some recommendations on what others use to protect their investment. Thanks!

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious of this as well. Do you need an inverter generator for cleaner power delivery for reef equipment or will a traditional generator work? I’ve found a few sub $200 generators on Amazon that put out 1000w and would be plenty to run my tank for as long as I have gasoline to put in it but is the power clean enough? That’s the only thing I’m concerned about. With the recent power outages across Nashville I have been worried about my coral investment and fish as well when the power goes out next time.

JGK17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my 140 about two months ago. I am looking for some recommendations on what others use to protect their investment. Thanks!
I recently purchased myself a generator after putting it off for over a year. After doing research I choose the Wen 2000w inverter generator (running 1600w). It has plenty of power to run all my pumps and heaters and still allow me to run my refrigerator. I went with this generator bc it is made by an American company (which has good reviews & customer support) and it is super quiet ~52db. FYI it is currently on sell for $350 on Amazon and Walmart.

1672724067007.png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back