Backup rechargable battery bubbler?

Don.ald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I looked at those too. Ended up with Penn plax just cause more people recommended it. But from the video I saw in those they would have worked as well. They did seem louder though, but if you aren't home... then?
Do you actually need an air stone with these. Can you leave the air line open for bubbles?

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you actually need an air stone with these. Can you leave the air line open for bubbles?
I would think more bubbles=more bubbles popping at the surface=more surface agitation, but it might be the same either way, I don’t know if there are any studies on this. I tend to think airstones are more effective because that’s how freshwater aquariums have been run for decades, but that doesn’t make it true necessarily.

OP
OP
Coxey81

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think more bubbles=more bubbles popping at the surface=more surface agitation, but it might be the same either way, I don’t know if there are any studies on this. I tend to think airstones are more effective because that’s how freshwater aquariums have been run for decades, but that doesn’t make it true necessarily.

I read they are more for esthetics and because they make it quieter.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think more smaller bubbles (through airstone) have greater surface area even as that oxygen is moving up through the water which I think would be oxygenating the water as they rise up, even before hitting the surface.

...but, of course, I don't actually know anything. (Just "seems" logical to me)

OP
OP
Coxey81

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think more smaller bubbles (through airstone) have greater surface area even as that oxygen is moving up through the water which I think would be oxygenating the water as they rise up, even before hitting the surface.

...but, of course, I don't actually know anything. (Just "seems" logical to me)
Yeah, I think that is a common thought and I had it as well.

But I couldn't really find any proof behind it. Most just said the important part is the water being cycle and breaking the surface.

Besides, I'm only counting on this for a 24 hour emergency scenario.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1636737353059.png

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger tank + more fish = need more bubblers. Does anyone have guidance to determine how many of these are required?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back