Bacterial bloom??

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This isn't a bacterial bloom or an algea bloom. You need to read. OP added sand. This is the result of very fine particles. A five micron sock or polyfilter will remove it.
And if you read, I realized and acknowledged - post #15

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

The fact that it started clearing up as soon as I put the N95 in :)
This tank has COVID. Dr Fauchy recommends you give the tank shots and keep it indoors for two weeks. I hope you don't add schooling fish because he might close the schools. I would keep wearing a mask to prevent the spread and get the boosters.

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank has COVID. Dr Fauchy recommends you give the tank shots and keep it indoors for two weeks. I hope you don't add schooling fish because he might close the schools. I would keep wearing a mask to prevent the spread and get the boosters.
No kidding, but the covid masks actually solved the problem!!! This morning tank was perfectly clear (I have to do some aquascaping and rearranging because I couldn’t see before) and dragonet was up and at em hunting for pods!

Amphibious Wallet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No kidding, but the covid masks actually solved the problem!!! This morning tank was perfectly clear (I have to do some aquascaping and rearranging because I couldn’t see before) and dragonet was up and at em hunting for pods!
Yarp. Rinse rinse rinse, rinse it 5 more times, then rinse it another 5 more times before adding it to the tank. There's a crapload of friction happening in those bags from when it gets harvested, handled, bagged, handled, transported, handled and then yeeted onto the shelves.
I probably went through a good cubic meter of water rinsing out 40kg of aragonite and still wasn't happy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back