Bad Batch of Reef Crystals?

I ordered a pallet of rc on black Friday sale and just opened my 5th bucket. All have measured at or really really close to 10 / 440 / 1350. I do know of bad batches as I received several bad bags years ago. I guess what I can't rap my head around is what exactly could be lacking or let's just say "off" that would cause a nutrient imbalance and sudden algae bloom? It's not making sense to me but am really curious as I still have a half pallet of this smack.
The algae on the glass got considerably better after I upped my calcium and magnesium back to acceptable levels. I'm guessing that these parameters being off played a role. If the few things I tested for were off by that much, then I'm assuming other trace elements were probably out of balance as well. This is why I'm going to do a few large water changes with the new bucket of salt and monitor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new