Bad day at work... what do you do?

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've all had them. I'm having a REALLY bad day. If I'm being honest, it's more than just a day, but let's just start at a day. What do you guys do to deal with a bad day at work?

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Complain to the wife and drink.

A really bad day where it is my fault would be mentally crippling for a while, but if the bad day isn't really my fault then I think about the good things I have in my life that doesn't revolve around my workday.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shut down mentally and tell myself it's gives me money to pay the bills and nothing else. Everything I do at my job is a menial task in futility where evil is called good and good is evil. Stay tough my friends.

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shut down mentally and tell myself it's gives me money to pay the bills and nothing else. Everything I do at my job is a menial task in futility where evil is called good and good is evil. Stay tough my friends.
Thank you. TGIF.

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Complain to the wife and drink.

A really bad day where it is my fault would be mentally crippling for a while, but if the bad day isn't really my fault then I think about the good things I have in my life that doesn't revolve around my workday.
Yep. My go to. Except..... I refuse to become an alcoholic because my company sucks. I drink when I want ...

Last edited:

ubasu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, find a new job/contract.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Evo next to me at work. I find it very calming to stare at the trochus snails slowly and methodically eating the algae off the sides of the tank, and it's always fun to feed the fish.

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Evo next to me at work. I find it very calming to stare at the trochus snails slowly and methodically eating the algae off the sides of the tank, and it's always fun to feed the fish.
Love it! Sometimes I wish I had a job where I could keep a tank at work. I feel like it would completely change the environment.

At my first job I used to have a Betta on my desk. It was always something to talk about if co-worker came to my desk too.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider any day that I don't have to do CPR or tag and bag a patient a good day. Luckily enough for my patients, I rarely have a bad day. When I do I tend to go home, tell my wife, and cry for those I've lost.

I don't like bad days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back