• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad experience buying fish online

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Black Friday is right around the corner . I don't want you to make the same mistake I did. I ordered some fish online thinking I was buying from a good and honest company. All I will say if the fish arrives alive the company will claim they did they job. If the fish dies in 7 days they don't care. I received a fish that was not in good condition to be ship. But as long the fish arrived alive they warrant is up. Since the fish had no signs of ick or spots they must assume thinnest of fish doesn't matter. Since the fish was eating a little. I figure he a few days he will become stronger. But actual the fish was wasting away each day. It became very noticeable by day 6 and I notified the company on day 7 . But right away they wanted to know why I didn't called them up. I knew policy was about DOA. Never I read about a policy about calling them about unhealthy fish. After removing her from the bag that was somewhat deflated. I noticed bad color but gain color once she getting acclimated and aeration later on. I guess at this point you should decided should I open the bag determine if this a healthy fish. Or should I kill the fish in the bag and get warranty refund. I'm not like that because I want ever fish to live. So first few days was hoping fish would be less stress. Was eating a little but not the way you would expect by day 5. By 7th night the fish died. The true colors of the unprofessional company came out. I been in hobby over 20 years. If you ask me what caused this fish to died. The one word is cyanide. But that's my opinion. Name of business fits the name of the place. That's fishybusiness Aquatics. They may be the cheapest. So I guess you get what you pay for. Reason I don't trust them. After back and forth emailing they offered half the cost store credit. But I couldn't use the store credit on new fish. He Guarantee a healthy fish this time. What happen the first time. Buyer Be Aware.

OP
OP
Piranhapat

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think I have nothing better to do. This place is nothing but fishy. They crooks

OP
OP
Piranhapat

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish I received was not in good health and instead of me calling the place I saved the fish from dying upon arrival. I was able to stable the fish probably from deflated oxygen in bag. I was able to keep him alive but everyday went by she was wasting away in front of my eyes. The fish was weak badly able to eat. But got her to eat copepods. I wasn’t worried about losing money than saving a fish. A place like this should have animal control to stop by and inspect fishybusiness. The reason of thoughts was the fish was suffering and if that’s how a business does business. Wants to charge you more money for guaranteed. Seems to me he will send a more healthy fish to the person with extra guarantee. When the person who don’t he can pass his sick fish. So if fish lives he for filled his guarantee. Accident happen things happen. But a good business would not send out a fish in that condition. Very simple to blame the person that received the fish. Sorry not my business to offend a vendor but at least take some responsibility. He wanted to give me $54 store credit but I couldn’t use it on the fish at same priced I pay for fish. Instead he raised the fish from $108 to $159.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back