• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad experience with Aplatn13

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

90greefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is too bad because we both have a good history on here but here's the facts:

Just the facts:

1. Item was stated to be in mint condition, it's not. Dry side had a dent in it which I could not see in the post pics originally.
2. Received the item and it did not work, noticed the dent in the dry side and all the lights flash in random colors on the controller indicating the control module got wet at some point.
3. Asked the seller for a refund and he said he would not give it till the product was received back. No gaurantee I would ever see that money so I said lets handle this like a normal transaction, send my money and I'll send you tracking showing it was dropped off at the ups store. He wouldn't agree to that.
4. Also accused me via conversation of damaging it myself when clearly his for sales pics show the damage there prior to shipping
5. Had to go the pp claims route with this one, like working with a child. Don't like doing that but when both parties can't act like adults it's the only option.

OP
OP

90greefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is our conversation to show my more than fair proposal. It was rejected. I'm basically done with this now but wanted the general public to see what I am dealing with. He has good reviews too so its sad it had to the pp claims route.
C1.JPG

APLATN13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold him the mp60. Said the mp60 has a dent it and wont work and etc. He demanded for a shipping label and full refund. Which I agreed too. I emailed him a label last night and said i will refund once i received the item back.

Now he is jumping up and down and did a paypal chargeback and now my account is froze making it much harder for me to do anything. I was patient enough to follow through his demands but he want me to refund before I get the damage item back.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ecotech-marine-vortech-mp60wqd-quietdrive-propeller-pump.319339/

APLATN13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that PP say they will get back with me Sept 13, 2017. You really want to wait that long for a refund? All I asked was to return the item and I will refund once I received the mp60... Instead of a week we are going to wait 1 month or so for you to return the mp60 and for you to get a refund. Could have done this without paypal....

OP
OP

90greefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So simply send me a refund and I will send you a tracking number. You really have given me no reason to trust you anymore as you have accused me of breaking it myself, swapping it with another broken one, (when all of your original post pics show damage after closer review) you listed it as in mint condition when it's not and you said you didn't want to receive a box of rocks back. I am on and off this forum regularly, who and why would anyone do that to ruin their name? Your logic makes no sense, I cannot tolerate your nastiness and accusations anymore. If you want to handle this the way every other normal person would in this situation let me know, otherwise have a nice day.

APLATN13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you decide to ship it back like every other business would handle this. Then lmk I would gladly send you refund once I received the item back.

Pics was posted and you agree to buy it then to nick picky and that is ok. I'm just waiting for the item to return so I can Fully REFUND you.

OP
OP

90greefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool send the refund and I'll send the tracking number. It can happen today. Not being nit picky when an item received doesn't work. Lol

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90greefman...that's not how it works. PayPal, Ebay, stores, online MD, BRS, it all works the same...after the item is received back the seller or merchant issues the refund. Too bad you made this post.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you had a tracked shipping receipt PayPal and email saved from seller PayPal would've forced the refund if you didn't receive one from the seller. Time wise you would've been better off to ship it, even using Priority mail 2-3 days, he could've refunded you and it would've been over. A dispute could've arose if the damage was not there originally. Thats when PayPal steps in to review both sides of the claim.

OP
OP

90greefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't feel it was bad to make this post. Simply asked for my money back so I could get a new pump, was told no not until the product is received back. In between all of that I was accused of damaging it myself, trading it out for one that was already broken or shipping him back rocks. It's a simple matter of integrity of the person I'm dealing with. After he threw out insults and me being dishonest it made me wonder what kind of person I'm dealing with. Will let pp claims figure it out so there is clear documentation and I know I will receive a refund.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I see, more to the post. In any case no seller would refund until it was in their hands. It's how any refund works.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back