• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Really BAD experience with Frag Farm Corals in Staten Island NY! Stolen payment! No refund or replacements!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On November 1st, Nicholas Impellizzeri from Frag Farm Corals sent me a Facebook private message saying he could offer me a great deal on several anemones if I could send him a PayPal payment right away, like within an hour. He was leaving for a vacation and wanted to clear out his anemone tank before he left. I felt a bit pressured, but I agreed to send him $250 for a medium size mertensi, two medium ritteri, and a couple of BTA's. A pretty good deal. I felt a bit nervous about sending 'Friends and Family' as I did once before, but I've purchased from him before, so I trusted him. He agreed to send them out that afternoon for delivery the next day, Thursday.
I took a vacation day to stay home for the package. The day came and went with no package. When I told him it hadn't arrived, we checked tracking and realized it was sent to the wrong person! He said he would take care of it and have it rerouted to my house the next day, Friday. Miffed, but understand things can happen. I took another vacation day, boss wasn't happy, so I could be there for the package. Well, Friday came and went. Two vacation days wasted! Nothing on Saturday or Sunday either.
On November 6th, after spending 5 days in the box, shipped across country and back, the anemones arrived back at Frag Farm Corals. They never came to me. Nicholas sent me a message saying that the nems arrived back to him and he wanted to send them out to me. I told him I did not want these anemones after spending 5 days in small bags of cold water. He tried to pressure me into taking them but I refused. He even admitted that they didn't look too good and the water was really cold He kept complaining that he was out shipping charges both ways, got screwed for offering me a good deal, and miffed that I didn't want them!
I told him that since I never received the package, I wanted a refund of my $250. Long story short, at first he tried to tell me that shop policy was only store credit for DOA. I told him I never received anything, so this policy didn't apply. He eventually agreed to send me back the money, but it would take a few days because he didn't have the funds to pay me back right them.
After several weeks, I realized that he was never going to send me a refund, so I agreed to replacement ritteri or a nice blue carpet. He agreed.
I have contacted Nicholas every couple of days since then asking about my refund or the replacement anemones. Once he wanted to ship me some plain jane anemones and call it good. I refused saying they were not the quality or color he originally agreed to send me. I told him I already had some of those anemones and that I wanted the promised colorful ritteri, or something equally nice, that I was supposed to receive on November 2nd.
Since that time, Nicholas has not responded to many of my messages asking about my refund or replacement anemones, often going over a week or more without reply. When he did respond, it was always excuses as to the delay in my refund or replacements. "I had a death in the family" "I'm out of town" " I have COVID" "Next week, give me a few more days...."
Well, its now 3 months since I sent him the payment for the anemones and I still do not have a refund or replacements. Messages continue to go mostly unanswered.
I've finally realized that I'm not going to be getting a refund or the replacements as promised. I have been exceptionally patient and understanding for a long time, hoping Frag Farm/Nicholas would do the right thing. Unfortunately, they have not. So, it's time to let everyone know how dishonest Nicholas Impellizerri at Frag Farm Corals is and the awful customer service Frag Farm Corals provides customers that trust them!
I have a long list of Facebook PMs that I can share here if needed, clearly documenting Nicholas' replies, promises, and all the excuses.
I can honestly say that this is the worst customer experience I have ever had with an online vendor. I know I will likely never see my $250 again, nor will I receive my anemones. I was so dumb to trust him and send the PayPal payment via Friends and Family as I have no recourse in that regard.
I hope everyone will learn from my experience!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after 5 months of getting the run around from Nicholas Impellizzeri, I finally received something for my money. My negative reviews got their attention and it took more heated conversations with Frank, (co owner of Frag Farm and whom was in the dark on the entire situation), and Nicholas, (who still won't admit that he did anything wrong and can't understand why I would be upset over this situation), to get resolution. I've never been spoken to as a customer like these two guys spoke to me during these conversations!
I was basically told that the original deal fell through and they weren't going to honor that any longer and I had to just accept that.
Finally, this Tuesday, I was sent a rather nothing special ritteri (which is struggling) and a small sebae for my $250 store credit. I didn't get the great deal I was promised, which I'm still very unhappy about, and of course nothing extra for all my time trying to get ahold of Nicholas, stress, headaches, and the 5 month loan of $250! I had to promise to take down all of my negative reviews in order to get anything as well. I took what I could get so that I could be done with it.
Frank apologized for the situation even though he wouldn't refund my money or give me the same deal that Nicholas offered, but at least he was cordial and tried to make it right somewhat.
Nicholas continues to be very unprofessional and bitter about it, won't apologize, and acts like he did nothing wrong.
If I had to do business with Frag Farm again in the future, which is highly speculative, I would deal with Frank, but I won't with Nicholas any longer. I received several PM's from other members relaying their bad experiences with Nicholas as well.
So, if Frag Farm has something that you really want, go through Frank to get it. They do have some nice livestock from time to time, ship quickly, and livestock is well packaged.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back