• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Top Lids, learn from my mistakes.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you have to spend six grand? Why can't you just get a HSS bit pin your polycarbonate to a aluminum scrap?

That's what I have done with a computerized Bridgeport.
1000001517.jpg
I think, I don't know, it tore up the poly pretty bad. To be continued. We are getting into busy season so maybe next winter, play around.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think, I don't know, it tore up the poly pretty bad. To be continued. We are getting into busy season so maybe next winter, play around.
If you use a slower speed bit it will do that. You got to make sure it's moving pretty quick. That's why you got to use aluminum only as your scrap plate

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you have to spend six grand? Why can't you just get a HSS bit pin your polycarbonate to a aluminum scrap?

That's what I have done with a computerized Bridgeport.
1000001517.jpg
I need to get mine back up and running.
IMG20240218221104.jpg

Interesting idea to cut poly, what bit are you using to cut. I have access to a router table but I've never been good with plastics. The mill on the other hand...

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't afford a laser. What we are cutting is so easy anyway. My machine is mostly dusty now.

The lid...dun dun duuuuun.

I am fighting this one tooth and nail. In texts and email before and after the 3D models I asked for a refund. I was misled on what was happening and they should have just cut ties with me on day six when I asked for the refund before any work was done. They would rather someone blast them and be upset then just give me back my money. This is REALLY telling ya'll. I knew I was in REAL trouble when all these models came in and not one of them was what we went over. Hey if you guys, 5, 2,1 of ya read this, give me back my money. I have had a few facebook friends and I think two people here state they were going to go with someone else because of my interaction. So at this point it probably cost them some money when they could have just gave me my money back when I first asked.

As the amazing and talented Rihanna once said, B* betta have my money!
Bitch Better Have My Money Bad Girl Ri Ri GIF by Rihanna

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would appear they are pretending to not notice my multiple requests for a refund. At this point in time, even though I have been very vocal about not moving forward and actually begging for a refund, out $440. I would really like at least some of my money back. They are adamant about keeping the 30% and at this point I don't care anymore. Please, give me my money back toplids. Pretty please, with a freaking cherry on top.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hellow toplids. I am still requesting a refund. I would like to not move forward with the lids as I have said in text and emails. Don't make me call your mom. You have $450 of my doll hairs.

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Devisissy , this is Tyler the Owner of Top Lids. Thanks for your post. I was just made aware of it from another client, so thought I would respond here.

I've reviewed your order. You ordered on a Saturday for a custom tank with custom measurements, with a eurobrace and custom auto feeder integration (as the feeder can't be mounted like normal due to the eurobrace). This can be shown in your initial pictures on this thread.

The following week we reviewed your project internally with our engineers (yes, we do have multiple) to determine what measurements needed to be taken of the eurobrace opening and the auto feeder for a perfect integration. This took a couple days due to the highly custom nature of the project, and us attending to other projects at the same time. The following Thursday we made an email flow that would allow you to upload your custom measurements, and we sent it over to you the next day.

There was a couple questions that you sent late that Friday and throughout the weekend, which we responded to Sunday.

You then requested to not move forward with the project the following week, which is completely fine, it happens. Unfortunately by this stage we had already accumulated quite a lot of time internally as well as directly communicating with you to move forward with the project customizations and measurements. At this stage refunds were still eligible, so we processed back to you what we could according to our terms. I've just reviewed refund / cancellation terms of other lid manufacturers as well as custom tank manufacturers, and it seems that their terms either say no cancellation or return is authorized for any reason, or their terms generally fall in line with ours.

In addressing the comments made about us and our company, I think the other almost 10,000 clients, sponsors, and store partners of ours that we've helped with both standard and custom lid projects over the past 7 years can attest to the fact that we are not just in this to make a quick buck. Many of the industry-leading lid solutions that help hobbyists around the world today (like our Fusion Vent Frame for less condensation and salt creep, black screen for reduced light glare, multiple auto feeder solutions, etc) were first developed by us with the help of client feedback. This was all done in an attempt to make the industry better and easier to access for hobbyists that wanted a done-for-you solution to any type of tank and setup they could have, not just cookie cutter templates. The nature of this business means sometimes there's some additional communication back and forth to get things right.

Although we couldn't end up moving through with your project, I hope you find a great solution elsewhere that helps you. There's a lot of talk here about making some type of DIY solution which can also work well in a pinch for a certain period of time.

If you have any other questions, our support is open to help anytime. Have a great weekend everyone.

- Tyler
Owner @ Top Lids

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive dealt with his company for 2 lids. The current company is Tyler and Fred. Fred does the drawings and cuts the lid. Nvr had any issues. Too bad I’m sure they can work it out with u. That’s best done customer and vendor private session. @Top_Lids
@HudsonReefer2.0 Thanks a lot for the shoutout man, didn't see this until now but we did our best to resolve this scenario with this client, but it looks like when we began discussions after this thread started, the client went dark.

I've just responded to the comments in a post on the second page of this thread. Appreciate you @HudsonReefer2.0 :)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back