• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Top Lids Negative Experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I"ll start this by saying the lid I received is very nice and fits my tank well. With that said pretty much everything else about the process was subpar at best. I placed the order January 23 and the lid was delivered April 8th, with the back and forth on the design piece this is within their estimated production timelines.

My major complaint is that I received a lid that was unusable. This is a lid for a red sea max s 500. its a eurobraced tank with no bracing in the back for the lid to rest on. Part way through the production process I recieved the text below.
11.jpeg

I was fine with this and assumed the necessary design considerations would take place considering any center support no longer exists.

On April 8th the lid arrived. When placed on the tank this is what it looked like.
22.jpeg

It's a little hard to see with the blue light, but the lid halves are sagging into the water and the edges are lifting off.

After some back and forth I was told there were additional clips and bar that should have been included with my order. I asked for the stl files to print myself but that request was denied. I've now been told it will take a month to get me the necessary pieces. I went ahead and designed the necessary supports (much better design then they are using in my opinion) and printed everything in about 5 hours. I find it pretty unacceptable to take a month to print pre-designed 3d printed parts, to me this shows there is no expediency in resolving my issue. There was also no apology or acknowledgment they messed up. This was my last text exchange with them 10 days ago. For a $500 custom lid the customer support is really poor, for that reason I cant recommend anyone buy a lid from them.

33.jpeg

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 120 81.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back