• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Top Lids, learn from my mistakes.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you have to spend six grand? Why can't you just get a HSS bit pin your polycarbonate to a aluminum scrap?

That's what I have done with a computerized Bridgeport.
1000001517.jpg
I think, I don't know, it tore up the poly pretty bad. To be continued. We are getting into busy season so maybe next winter, play around.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think, I don't know, it tore up the poly pretty bad. To be continued. We are getting into busy season so maybe next winter, play around.
If you use a slower speed bit it will do that. You got to make sure it's moving pretty quick. That's why you got to use aluminum only as your scrap plate

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you have to spend six grand? Why can't you just get a HSS bit pin your polycarbonate to a aluminum scrap?

That's what I have done with a computerized Bridgeport.
1000001517.jpg
I need to get mine back up and running.
IMG20240218221104.jpg

Interesting idea to cut poly, what bit are you using to cut. I have access to a router table but I've never been good with plastics. The mill on the other hand...

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't afford a laser. What we are cutting is so easy anyway. My machine is mostly dusty now.

The lid...dun dun duuuuun.

I am fighting this one tooth and nail. In texts and email before and after the 3D models I asked for a refund. I was misled on what was happening and they should have just cut ties with me on day six when I asked for the refund before any work was done. They would rather someone blast them and be upset then just give me back my money. This is REALLY telling ya'll. I knew I was in REAL trouble when all these models came in and not one of them was what we went over. Hey if you guys, 5, 2,1 of ya read this, give me back my money. I have had a few facebook friends and I think two people here state they were going to go with someone else because of my interaction. So at this point it probably cost them some money when they could have just gave me my money back when I first asked.

As the amazing and talented Rihanna once said, B* betta have my money!
Bitch Better Have My Money Bad Girl Ri Ri GIF by Rihanna

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would appear they are pretending to not notice my multiple requests for a refund. At this point in time, even though I have been very vocal about not moving forward and actually begging for a refund, out $440. I would really like at least some of my money back. They are adamant about keeping the 30% and at this point I don't care anymore. Please, give me my money back toplids. Pretty please, with a freaking cherry on top.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hellow toplids. I am still requesting a refund. I would like to not move forward with the lids as I have said in text and emails. Don't make me call your mom. You have $450 of my doll hairs.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back