• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad experience with Fraghouse Corals

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sharing my experience with Fraghouse corals. Unfortunately it was not a good one.

I ordered from the "aftersale" portion on the live sale in late March. He had instructed to purchase a shipping module even if we qualified for live shipping just to facilitate the day selection.
IF YOU BOUGHT ANY CORALS OR PLAN TO PLEASE BUY A SHIPPING MODULE EVEN IF YOU HIT THE FREE SHIPPING AMOUNT SO YOU SECURE THE DAY YOU WANT. THIS ALSO WILL HELP US KNOCK A FEW HOURS OFF OF MESSAGING BACK AND FOURTH WITH EVERYONE ABOUT SHIPPING DAYS. BUY THE MODULE AND IF YOU HIT OVER $299 WE WILL REFUND IT

So the coral came on April 5th. Overall coral looked really good and was happy with it. The frag plugs seemed 3d printed and i thought nothing of it. Put everything straight into my QT tank on eggcrate with some other corals I had got a couple days prior. The next morning about 2/3 of the acros were blown around the tank. The plugs are very light and short stemmed and much more buoyant than most plugs. Ended up with several landing on acans that were also put in the QT which resulted in damaged acans and dead acros.

I sent him a PM on April 6th with feedback about the plugs and asking about the shipping refund i had not received. I made clear I was not even posting in the forums cause I thought the plugs were a good idea in theory and my goal was not to give him negative feedback, but that in practice at least in my scenario(high flow) they dont work well. I find most vendors appreciate feedback...even negative feedback if through a PM. I wasnt asking for anything from him other than the shipping refund that was promised.

A week later I still had no response so sent a followup just asking for status of shipping refund. Now a week after that today I finally get a response. The response did not even address the shipping refund at all. Instead I got a long lecture about the issue with the plugs is all my fault because I am "not doing it right" and that in 17 years he has never put someone elses plug in his tank. Basically he acted like a condescending jerk. I can say without a doubt many and likely the vast majority of people use the plugs the coral comes on....especially when placing into to a QT tank. In my case using QT system i rarely ever remove coral from the plugs before going to QT system.

I could have even ignored the response had he even addressed the request for the promised shipping refund somewhere in his lecture.

OP
OP
M

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna keep bumping this until I actually get the promised shipping fee refund. He finally replied a couple days ago that it should have been refunded right after the order and he would check on it, but guess it takes awhile to do that check

OP
OP
M

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to close this up he finally did refund the shipping notice. His only response was

1651166602266.png

Just another example of a very unprofessional business owner. I assume the "treating him bad" was because I publicly posted this feedback on my experience with him (even though initially I used PM to no avail).

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to close this up he finally did refund the shipping notice. His only response was

1651166602266.png

Just another example of a very unprofessional business owner. I assume the "treating him bad" was because I publicly posted this feedback on my experience with him (even though initially I used PM to no avail).
Nice sugar coating brother lol let me just post up the messages since you’re trying to make me look worse than what was said. You straight told me you would never buy from me again because of my plugs LMBO

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1651166602266.png

2399FE27-6C95-4B4A-964F-59760F158DBD.png
B1191BFD-709F-4527-96EC-A8FC34D47DD3.png

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1651166602266.png

31A8C9A3-32D6-4686-A44E-2A098E3F9E7F.png
293F726D-2B18-4AFC-B3F7-55EA5EAFDB6F.png
664EC4E0-B312-4345-9801-57433B666217.png
D7D86E63-D6BC-4543-A498-28AA6F11FF4E.png
1EBE7ADA-3BA0-4655-B13D-1FA80BCB3534.png

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all could have been avoided if you would have read the nice paper I placed in the box explaining the frags could blow around LOL good thing I went back to ceramic lol that was a temporary thing but you getting all bent out of shape over it… well now that’s permanent! But it’s all gravy baby because I’m a dime a dozen :) happy Reefing

OP
OP
M

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all could have been avoided if you would have read the nice paper I placed in the box explaining the frags could blow around LOL good thing I went back to ceramic lol that was a temporary thing but you getting all bent out of shape over it… well now that’s permanent! But it’s all gravy baby because I’m a dime a dozen :) happy Reefing

There was no paper in the box you are quite honestly full of crap. If you knew the frags blow around enough to supposedly tell me in a paper in the box(which again is total bs lol) then it's even worse to use the frags. Again though you are an average chop shop that imports some nice acros and puts a fancy name on them I didn't expect top notch service just wanted to kindly let you know the plugs were an issue. Glad your "temporary" thing ended. Seems odd to temporarily use a bunch of crap frag plugs but whatever floats your boat.

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was no paper in the box you are quite honestly full of crap. If you knew the frags blow around enough to supposedly tell me in a paper in the box(which again is total bs lol) then it's even worse to use the frags. Again though you are an average chop shop that imports some nice acros and puts a fancy name on them I didn't expect top notch service just wanted to kindly let you know the plugs were an issue. Glad your "temporary" thing ended. Seems odd to temporarily use a bunch of crap frag plugs but whatever floats your boat.
Dang sounds like you’re still mad bro lol Iv been putting nice papers in the box since I started using those 3D printed plugs because of guys like you and I’m sure HUNDREDS of customers would back me up on that. You can make me out to be the bad guy all you want but YOU set the tone on that deal and I exposed it. Guys like yourself I’d rather not do business with anyway so this is a win win…. You don’t have to deal with a dime a dozen average chop shop and I don’t have to deal with a rude ungrateful customer. I’m very happy with the outcome. Thanks again and happy Reefing

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A4287500-CBD2-4DF6-95F0-0CB8CB1D4DB5.jpeg

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you insult me so much but a couple months prior you were praising me LOL too funny. All because you were too lazy to pop the frags off the plugs. Yea I’m cool on you bro LMBO don’t come begging me to sell to you later in life. Peace out
D2451FA9-1B4D-4105-93B1-2B129A69FFED.png

OP
OP
M

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you insult me so much but a couple months prior you were praising me LOL too funny. All because you were too lazy to pop the frags off the plugs. Yea I’m cool on you bro LMBO don’t come begging me to sell to you later in life. Peace out
D2451FA9-1B4D-4105-93B1-2B129A69FFED.png

Yes because I was happy with my first order. Is it really hard for you to understand? If I had an issue with my first order I am sure you would have threw a tantrum about that as well. It was nice affordable chopshop acros. The same thing I have continued to say as I bash your abysmal customer service and infantile response to the slightest criticism of your frag plugs.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back