Bad experiences with nitrate and/or phosphate dosing

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigJohnny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Oh my negative experience was a bit of hair algea didn’t dose long enough but will after I’m done with a tank treatment I’m doing atm
 
I am dosing potassium nitrate via a dosing pump. I can check my numbers w.r.t PPM, I dose only .2 PPM (i will double check on this). So far my colors have improved drastically. I did increase the flow as well. Not sure what contributed. Like someone else pointed, I got the formula from http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/calculator.htm. I checked Phosphates in the past, but it never registered anything on the test kit. I do see some color on my Red sea Nitrate test kit, but always confusing to interpret the color.

Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new