Bad luck with Neptune

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEWreefing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DEWreefing

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2018
Messages
928
Reaction score
904
Location
Rialto
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered 2 items from Neptune my 2016 apex which was no good out the box. Apex took care of that issue. Bought a new ATK kit and 1 week In the optical sensor number 1 went out. Now almost 2 months in my pmup pump went out. Contacted Neptune support ticket has been made. I'll keep you guy updated. Just my luck
20190104_113502.jpg
 
Someday people will learn that the only Apex hardware that is really worth the money is the controller. You can set up an ATO for about $30 if you have the break out box.

Anyways, besides the point I guess. I hope you are taken care of and don't have anymore setbacks. It is a bummer when newer stuff breaks :(
 
I built my own ato with float switches for about 12 buck. Wanted to try a new ato that could be more automated.
 
I have ordered 2 items from Neptune my 2016 apex which was no good out the box. Apex took care of that issue. Bought a new ATK kit and 1 week In the optical sensor number 1 went out. Now almost 2 months in my pmup pump went out. Contacted Neptune support ticket has been made. I'll keep you guy updated. Just my luck
20190104_113502.jpg

Put on some socks and shoes. With your luck you are going to slip and fall! JKJK
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new