• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad transaction from Gaita98911 or Just Clownin Around

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

reefaddictx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 5 clowns and only 2 survived during shipping. The Deal he gave me was that if i bought 5 fish, which i did, that he was going to sale me a A grade for 70 if i wanted a A grade instead of a platinum that you was selling for 80. Also he said he would charge me 100 for a A++ grade. I ended up getting 4 Platinums and a A++. Total came out to 460. He claim he sold me a platinum for 70 but 70 times four is 280. Plus 100 for the a++ is 380. Whats left over is $80 for shipping which you claimed you only charged me $60 for shipping. After the dead shipment i only wanted my clowns replaced because i wasn't going to pay extra in shipping just to get my money refund back for only 2 fish not because i was going to sale it off. I waited 3 weeks for the replacement. We made an agreement that since the hassle of the fish died that I was to only pay for the fishes to be shipped for replacement and he would throw in a inexpensive random b grade to counter the extra shipping i would have to pay for the inconvenience. When the time came up to get the replacements I said instead of getting the platinum, which was $75 not $70, I wanted a A GRADE because he said you could do the A grade for 70 which is cheaper then the platinum. I never expected him to charge me even more the second time since he said he usually sale the A grade for 80. This was all in the same transaction and he was charging me as if i was buying a whole new batch. Also i wanted the same A++ clowns to be replaced but he graded his clowns differently this time and he said i would have to pay $50 more because the clowns have 1 or two more black spots then the one that died at first. The first one i bought was almost near a ****** one that he have for sale with out one or two spots. Then he called me back stating he was going through some problems with reef2reef as he was banned from selling because he was the company JUST CLOWNING AROUND. He said since he dont want to have bad business that he would refund me for the fishes and HALF the shipping cost of the original transaction. Instead he charged me for 2 fish and 60 for the shipping of the two fish which originally i paid shipping for 5 fish. I paid $75 dollar each for platinum and 100 for A++. so thats 150+100+40 for half shipping that i was suppose to receive back. I only ended up getting 260 in refunds because he changed his return policy he promised me. He never said anything about charging me only for the 2 fish plus 60 in shipping that made it and refund me the rest. That was the deal he said on his post. Not to what we agreed on in our transaction. This is not treated in a business matter. This was only to his benefit and stated as a business matter. I only wanted to have the clowns alive and well and at my house. I paid when i needed to pay and waited patiently only to get a refund of less then what i paid.

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please refrain from commenting unless you were involved in the transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
INVOICE

Invoice number 0010*
Invoice date 2/27/2012*
Payment terms Due on receipt
Due date 2/27/2012*
Send To
A.phan
Description Quantity Unit price Amount
platinium* 4 $70.00 $280.00
extreme*a 1 $100.00 $100.00
Subtotal $380.00
Shipping/handling $80.00
Total $460.00*USD

This was the invoice that I sent to you

there was no deal about giving you a a grade for 70 bucks. i do appoligize for your misconception of our dealings. i have been here for roughly four plus years and have not had a bad transaction yet. the deal was if you bought more fish after the replacements that i would split the shipping with you. i never said i was splitting shipping with you on the refund. i was selling the platiniums below wholesale price because i needed space in the tank. and i had 12 platiniums that were left in the tank. my price for a pair of platiniums plus shipping was 200$. thats in the thread. please once again read the thread and the invoice. i offered you 5 different grade a's instead of the platiniums because you stated that you did not want the platiniums anymore, none were acceptable to you. you wanted a bad *** clown and i told you sorry i do not give deals on them. they are 200-250 plus shipping. as a mater of fact to ship your first package it actually cost me over 100$ a portion of witch i covered. i do not charge for a shipping box nor my other supplies that i use.
the reason why you had to wait 3 weeks was because i had no fish at the time that was ready. i explained that to you when the incident happened. i also kept in contact with you the whole time. i gave you my cell number and everything.
i never changed my refund policy. you got what you paid for. 2 platiniums plus shipping. heres the invoice for proof that i never charged you anything but what you agreed to. i have plenty of people on here that will vouch for me and how i do business.

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
02/28 1Z426V6A019319***
Next Day Air
Residential 72.40
Residential Surcharge 3.00
Fuel Surcharge 8.67
Total84.07
plus a 9.19 pick up fee the boxes are 6$ each heat packs are 2$*2

shipping cost me 101 and change

so please if you are going to bad mouth me or anyone else or how they do business, know about the business

all these rates can be looked up right on ups

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum is for members immediately involved with the transaction. Unless you were involved in this particular transaction, please refrain from posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back