Bali slimer vs seriatopora guttatus

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bali slimer has a branch that's growing towards my guttatus coral, and the guttatus has branches growing towards the slimer, will they sting each other or is it ok to let them grow into each other?

OP
OP
becks

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they touch will it kill the whole colony of the guttatus?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, could just kill the branch but IME guttatus is sensitive and can white out quickly. I had a mini colony, maybe 3" touch our bansai and the guttatus was white by morning. Why risk it when you can make frags for sale or trade?

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, could just kill the branch but IME guttatus is sensitive and can white out quickly. I had a mini colony, maybe 3" touch our bansai and the guttatus was white by morning. Why risk it when you can make frags for sale or trade?

For the sport of it!

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guttatus is very hardy for me. I have frags and mini colonies of acropora growing on/in my guttatus. They cause almost zero die off on mine and will encrust over the guttattus with time, its actually pretty cool when it does.

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture for reference, some kind of acro growing in the middle of my seriatopora. IF your seriatopora is still frag size I suppose the slimer could be lethal. IME, once the corals first interact they will begin to grow upward or find ways to avoid each other, forming sort of a boundary.

IMG_5789.PNG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back