Bandsaw blades

aalvarado87

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
381
Reaction score
2
Location
earlimart
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys well the blade on my inland is getting pretty wore down i was wondering where do you guys get your blades from? I saw them on ebay for a relatively decent price I was wondering if anyone has tried those thanks a lot in advance.
 
I don't have a bandsaw yet so I don't know much about the blades, can you just get a new one from the place you purchased the saw from?
 
Hey guys well the blade on my inland is getting pretty wore down i was wondering where do you guys get your blades from? I saw them on ebay for a relatively decent price I was wondering if anyone has tried those thanks a lot in advance.

Just curious(since I plan on getting one of those bandsaws) approx how much you've used it or how many frags you've cut? I don't want to be buying a new blade every year;)
 
There about 50+ pluse dollers on ebay thats where i bought the two i went though.
 
There about 50+ pluse dollers on ebay thats where i bought the two i went though.

how long did they last quality pretty good? Yeah i could buy it from inland but they want to sock it to you.

I have had my saw for quite a while prolly over a year and cut stuff pretty often rocks frags etc etc. and have not changed the blad yet...
 
how long did they last quality pretty good? Yeah i could buy it from inland but they want to sock it to you.

I have had my saw for quite a while prolly over a year and cut stuff pretty often rocks frags etc etc. and have not changed the blad yet...

Good to know! I am getting my dfs-100 in about a week and am also curious about the ebay blades... if anyone has info please post it:)
 
i'm used to the dremel and bone cutter technique like most of the people, but lately i've been seeing people talking about the inland and i've never seen it in action. i've seen bandsaws before but never on corals... is this machine a must have if you're into propagation??? does it reach our expectations???
 
Mine Inland should be here in a few days. Person I am getting it from quoted me $70 for a new blade. Hope the blades hold up for a little while.
 
i'm used to the dremel and bone cutter technique like most of the people, but lately i've been seeing people talking about the inland and i've never seen it in action. i've seen bandsaws before but never on corals... is this machine a must have if you're into propagation??? does it reach our expectations???

It is wayyyy better than a dremel. The guys who developed the saw have a video somewhere.... don't remember where I saw it but if you google dfs-100 video I'm sure you'll be impressed.:) Also with practice you can cut in between the heads and end up saving polyps.
 
I've ordered the blades off ebay. If you watch an auction you can get a really good deal. I won 3 blades for $27 shipped. I'm still on my 1st blade and it seems to be holding up very well.
 
I quess I am cheap. My friend has a normal bandsaw. We use real thin blades that are for cutting metal. The wood blades have too big of teeth. Blades are $9 from home depot and we can cut about 30-40 frags with a single blade. May not be the best way but it works. We have cut chalices, acans, and blastos with it.
 
i'm used to the dremel and bone cutter technique like most of the people, but lately i've been seeing people talking about the inland and i've never seen it in action. i've seen bandsaws before but never on corals... is this machine a must have if you're into propagation??? does it reach our expectations???

Definetely meets my expectations makes things so much easier and at least for me I can make much better cuts. I dont think it is a "must have", but if you are doing a lot of cutting I think it really makes a lot of sense to have one. The Inland coral saw other than the blade is mostly plastic and dont have to worry about rust and oils that you can have with most regular bandsaws.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new