Bangaii Cardinal Addition

PapaDragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I add 6 Bangaii Cardinal fish to 180 gallon tank? The tank just cycled so the Bangaii Cardinal's will go into quarantine first for a month. The quarantine tank is only 30 gallons.

OP
OP
PapaDragon

PapaDragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The truth is that I wouldn’t even consider buying 6 at once. The only reason I entertained the idea was because I was considering ordering them online. The shipping is the same if I order 1 or 6.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Groups can be kept In large systems, but still with caution. We had a group of 50 in a 400g display at our facility. All from the same batch and always kept together. Overall only lost a few and the only thing we found it likely to be during necropsy was aggression.
20180713_093050.jpg

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Groups can be kept In large systems, but still with caution. We had a group of 50 in a 400g display at our facility. All from the same batch and always kept together. Overall only lost a few and the only thing we found it likely to be during necropsy was aggression.
20180713_093050.jpg
I know that with clownfish that groups from the same clutch of eggs actually recognize each other and won't kill each other off. I would if you success could have been due to them being siblings and less aggressive with each other.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that with clownfish that groups from the same clutch of eggs actually recognize each other and won't kill each other off. I would if you success could have been due to them being siblings and less aggressive with each other.

I think that's exactly why there is more success with this system. We also have a (don't have a pic on my computer) 500g anemone and clown system with 275 clowns in it, in QT it was like Armageddon and lost probably 20 or so of them to aggression. In the system with rocks covered in anemones they calmed down quite a bit. Again, all raised together from the same batch, and a lot of territories, which is likely why they haven't shredded themselves down to a few pairs.

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have about 30 in my tank
and have formed 3 or 4 pairs with no more issues than the tangs or wrasses
and normally add 5 or 6 at a time about every 2 months

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back