Bare Bottom , poop flying everywhere?

jcosta98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So , as the title says , I'm running a bare bottom and I see lots of poop flying , I tried to run the reef without Filter Socks, but the flying detritus becomes pretty annoying , so I set up the filter socks again. Anyone with this issue with an alternative different then filter socks?
I really don't need them to keep nutrients in check , their utility is only to try remove most of the flying poop and stuff ,

Thanks

OP
OP
J

jcosta98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter rolls? Maybe some media canisters stuffed with filter floss instead? Loving my substrate right now...
Filter rolls would be a pain to setup , maybe filter floss on some canisters might be the answer, but still need to replace as often as a filter sock... hmm

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is most of my detritus stays in the water column
Something has to filter the particles from the column it's either socks or a very efficient skimmer, I run the socks two days on two days off but they can't be beat for pulling out dirt especially the larger particles

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter rolls would be a pain to setup , maybe filter floss on some canisters might be the answer, but still need to replace as often as a filter sock... hmm
Yes, but you can just pull the floss out and toss it - you don't need to clean the sock filters.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back