Bare bottom refugium, detritus build up

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
433
Location
Pearland, Tx.
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I clean it up without removing pods? My snails seem to poop alot. Should I take out the snails?

uploadfromtaptalk1456285702370.jpg
 
I use a HD bucket top vac to suck the detritus out of my tank. Pods will be in the rubble and macro. I wouldn't worry about loosing a few of them too much. Better to keep the sump clean then worry about loosing a few pods. Just my .02.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new