Barnacle Treatment On Torch Head

  • Thread starter Thread starter gabriellar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gabriellar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2025
Messages
183
Reaction score
88
Location
illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My torch has a barnacle growing on the top, right next to the mouth. I have poked it and cleaned out the inside stuff. To prevent any bugs from living inside the empty barnacle shell, I sealed the top with coral glue, with the middle still being hollow. I want to confirm whether this is a bad move to glue it up -- it traps some water inside the shell. If I have not killed/cleaned the barnacle properly, would it cultivate bacterial growth inside?
 
Post an image (or two) to document what you are doing.

I have not heard of people trying to fill the shell with superglue, if you can do it carefully and not spread glue everywhere I think it should be fine. My buddy just had a knee replaced and they didn't do any stitches, just glued the flesh shut.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new