Baseball!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
now i have moved to southern il worried about getting the games ,how much it is going to cost ,but priceless must have ,i here for good ,diehard forever

been a blast great thread ,great memories ,made my night,i am going to leave now could go all night,thanks guys,

GO CUBS 2O2O

Last edited:

murphy357

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you knew I would chime in.
I like 3 batter min. It will cause arguments throughout the seasons as I’m sure it’s not going to go over well. Wait, does this mean closers have to hit all three outs in the 9th? Either way I like it, I hate that a righty gets brought in the take out a batter than they hit the bench.

I think they should reverse the NL DH and get rid of DH in both leagues. Make your pitchers hit. Not just be any easy out. I saw Clayton Kershaw go yard. And King Felix hit a grand slam once. They are athletes after all let them figure out how to hit the ball, or bunt! I’m a big bunt fan. “Small Ball” as I was taught when I played is effective sometimes.

sign stealing scandal needs to go away.Bad move Astros, your no good at apologizing. League won’t suspend players because the players union will have a cow. Let’s all drop it and move on. Don’t get me wrong I am as upset as anyone else is about it. But we have seen what we are going to get out of it. So let’s drop it and get back to the game. It’s already been A giant cloud over everything else baseball related. So let’s just end the relationship and start dating again. Stros are in my division (Mariner fan) so I already hated them anyway.

Astros guy here. They’d never be able to say for sure what players were involved. It would be hard to suspend an entire roster for a year or more, which is why they suspended the heads of the on field team (coaching staff). I don’t like the implementation of the 3 batter minimum because that gets rid of the “specialty” pitchers who come in to face certain batters.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet the price of tickets didn't go back though. I miss the garlic fries. They were the best ever.
Ticket prices never get rolled back but that’s everywhere, not just the Giants. I miss the garlic fries too. I miss going to games but since we don’t have a major league team here in Seattle it’s just not possible :)

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lifelong Giants fan here. Second favorite team is whoever’s playing the Dodgers.
Been down to dodger stadium a few times. 2015 playoffs I was poorly treated by the fans in the bleachers as were a lot of other Cubs fans. We had things thrown at us. Sadly, I can’t say much having spent plenty of games at wrigley and seeing fans act unruly. Still beyond the worst I’ve seen at any park. Still respecting the solid team the dodgers have put together this year. Mookie is a game changer. Hard not to say they’re the favorites to win the NL.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been down to dodger stadium a few times. 2015 playoffs I was poorly treated by the fans in the bleachers as were a lot of other Cubs fans. We had things thrown at us. Sadly, I can’t say much having spent plenty of games at wrigley and seeing fans act unruly. Still beyond the worst I’ve seen at any park. Still respecting the solid team the dodgers have put together this year. Mookie is a game changer. Hard not to say they’re the favorites to win the NL.
They can be the favorites, they just can’t win. 31 years and counting since the last Dodger WS. Watching them implode in the playoffs is almost as good as watching the Giants win. Fans in LA are pretty awful. I’ve heard some pretty awful stuff in the bleachers, especially back in the Candlestick days but LA is worse.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved the Giants ball park until they won their second World Series. Sitting in left field chanting "Balco" with my friends. Then they won too many games and tickets went from 30 bucks to 100.
My buddy in SF was the same way. Sounds like the prices are easing up or he’s getting good prices from scalpers. He’s got good connects too. I think the giants are putting together a fun team. Hopefully they’ll be able to trade some of the old folks at the deadline. They really need to get a full rebuild going. Should have traded madbum. The giants did so much with so little during their championships. Bochy is possibly the greatest manager I’ve ever seen in my 42 years and there’s a lot of good ones.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy in SF was the same way. Sounds like the prices are easing up or he’s getting good prices from scalpers. He’s got good connects too. I think the giants are putting together a fun team. Hopefully they’ll be able to trade some of the old folks at the deadline. They really need to get a full rebuild going. Should have traded madbum. The giants did so much with so little during their championships. Bochy is possibly the greatest manager I’ve ever seen in my 42 years and there’s a lot of good ones.
I could get good prices on the upper deck above third but I really like the bleacher seats. Watching Tim lincecum leap over that rail after the giants won is still an awesome moment.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be the favorites, they just can’t win. 31 years and counting since the last Dodger WS. Watching them implode in the playoffs is almost as good as watching the Giants win. Fans in LA are pretty awful. I’ve heard some pretty awful stuff in the bleachers, especially back in the Candlestick days but LA is worse.
I think the dodgers will be challenged by the D backs, but the playoffs are a lock. That Kershaw curse in the playoffs is supported at this point. A curse is still just some magical nonsense. He can perform. I think Maeda was undervalued, but they’ve got replacements. They have a ton of prospects. A lot are close. They’re set up to win it all. I think it will be dodgers Yankees, but that prediction is easy.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could get good prices on the upper deck above third but I really like the bleacher seats. Watching Tim lincecum leap over that rail after the giants won is still an awesome moment.
Can’t tell you how much love so many baseball fans have for the freak outside of giants fans. Love big time timmy jim. It sucks when an injury gets in the way of a hall of fame path. See mark prior and Kerry wood for me. Every team has at least one. At least he got some rings. He earned them and his teammates wouldn’t have them without him.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brewers dodgers nlcs again, I think so
I could see that. Brew crew is still nasty. I think they’re a lot like the cubs and the cards. They didn’t make a lot of off season moves because they really didn’t need to. I think they all compete in the NL central, but I’m not sure any of them can make it to the World Series. Dang Reds are looking to really mix it up. Can’t wait to see yelich go against darvish this year. They had some back and forth on twitter. Baseball has really gotten personal this year. One of the reasons I said in my original pst that this season would be interesting.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if any of you guys are familiar with MLB Beat The Steak, but it’s been around for years. It’s all about picking players to get a hit everyday for 56 games. You pick a player or two everyday that you think will get a hit. Based on joe DiMaggios hit streak of 56 games. I might make another thread for it. It’s a fun app, and you don’t have to be a baseball fan at all. I have a few friends that play. My buddy has been betting regularly on “the mookster” for 3 years. I don’t think he could recognize a football from a golf club, but he’s in.

edit: why would you play? Winner gets 5.6 million. No one has ever won the grand prize in like a decade or more. There’s still prizes and raffles.you can pick 10 days in a row. No reason not to do it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carlos Correa and Alex bregman won’t be able to redeem themselves in my eyes at this point. These guys should just keep their mouths shut. The damage is done. I can’t understand why the offenders add more fuel to the fire.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dodgers are overrated. Nothing can beat a team having fun. Look at the Nationals. They got rid of the cancer and won a ring, unlike the team that paid that cancer a huge amount of money to not even make the post season. The Dodgers have tons of great players, but no team.

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looks like I'm the first Phillies fan chiming in here... And I am one Phil's fan who did not want Bryce on our team. I didn't like him when he was on the Nats and I think we now have an overpaid "clown question bro" on my team until I'm in my 50s. I hope to be proved wrong. Otherwise I see him as another Ryan Howard who we will regret signing and ruining our cap for years to come.

I think the 3 pitch minimum rule is awful. Takes away some of the intriguing "chess playing" aspect of the coaching game.

I could go either way with DH... But do I think both National and American leagues need to either both go DH or both go without.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was so happy when Braves lost out on Harper. A total cancer in the dugout and grossly overpaid.
So looks like I'm the first Phillies fan chiming in here... And I am one Phil's fan who did not want Bryce on our team. I didn't like him when he was on the Nats and I think we now have an overpaid "clown question bro" on my team until I'm in my 50s. I hope to be proved wrong. Otherwise I see him as another Ryan Howard who we will regret signing and ruining our cap for years to come.

I think the 3 pitch minimum rule is awful. Takes away some of the intriguing "chess playing" aspect of the coaching game.

I could go either way with DH... But do I think both National and American leagues need to either both go DH or both go without.
I wish the Phillies luck though. My favorite player of all times is John Kruk. Traded his number for a case of Keystone. True class act.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dodgers are overrated. Nothing can beat a team having fun. Look at the Nationals. They got rid of the cancer and won a ring, unlike the team that paid that cancer a huge amount of money to not even make the post season. The Dodgers have tons of great players, but no team.
I’ll have to respectfully disagree with some of this. The dodgers have a great big league team, a great minor league system and a successful front office that is loaded with cash. They’ve made the playoffs 6 years straight.

There is something to be said about having a team that has fun. I believe it’s a real thing. 2016 Cubs were tight. I think it was definitely a factor.

I wouldn’t say that the Nats not picking up Harper was any kind of factor in the Nats success. The Nats made pitching acquisitions and Juan Soto and other players were more than enough to fill the hole left by Harper.

the Phillies are starting to spend now that their rebuild has started to come together. They have a very bright future. Bryce is no mike trout or even Soto imo, but he’s a superstar that’s larger than life. He’ll bring people to the ball park.

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll have to respectfully disagree with some of this. The dodgers have a great big league team, a great minor league system and a successful front office that is loaded with cash. They’ve made the playoffs 6 years straight.

There is something to be said about having a team that has fun. I believe it’s a real thing. 2016 Cubs were tight. I think it was definitely a factor.

I wouldn’t say that the Nats not picking up Harper was any kind of factor in the Nats success. The Nats made pitching acquisitions and Juan Soto and other players were more than enough to fill the hole left by Harper.

the Phillies are starting to spend now that their rebuild has started to come together. They have a very bright future. Bryce is no mike trout or even Soto imo, but he’s a superstar that’s larger than life. He’ll bring people to the ball park.

Agree with just about all your points. I was really hoping to see Trouts come back to his hometown area and join the Phils. Too bad Bryce ruined that by "tampering" this past season.

Phils are in spend mode and hopefully coaching changes will bring us closer to the playoffs. We have enough talent on the offensive side, but our bullpen is still our weak point... Yet we did nothing to bolster it this offseason. I don't think we can compete with the Brewers or the Dodgers.

OP
OP
CubsFan

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with just about all your points. I was really hoping to see Trouts come back to his hometown area and join the Phils. Too bad Bryce ruined that by "tampering" this past season.

Phils are in spend mode and hopefully coaching changes will bring us closer to the playoffs. We have enough talent on the offensive side, but our bullpen is still our weak point... Yet we did nothing to bolster it this offseason. I don't think we can compete with the Brewers or the Dodgers.
I can see the Phillies making some big moves if they’re healthy and they look good in the standings. They were pretty good most of the year, but fizzled out towards the end. I hope Jake arrietta turns it around. He’s scary when he’s playing well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back