Bashsea Sump Dual Returns

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SS-60 for a new tank i am sitting up in the next month. Purchased 2 Reef Octopus Vario S-6 pumps for dual return pumps. I was able to dry fit them as long as I pulled the muffler off the front. I have them sideways, each facing opposite direction so the vertical pluming will be offset as well. Plan on screw on or glue some sort of low profile "grill" to keep anything chunk from getting sucked into the pump and damaging them. Haven't set up the system yet, so not running and not sure what issues will encounter. From a space perspective, they fit.
love to see your results once you have it setup

BAPrince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SS-60 for a new tank i am sitting up in the next month. Purchased 2 Reef Octopus Vario S-6 pumps for dual return pumps. I was able to dry fit them as long as I pulled the muffler off the front. I have them sideways, each facing opposite direction so the vertical pluming will be offset as well. Plan on screw on or glue some sort of low profile "grill" to keep anything chunk from getting sucked into the pump and damaging them. Haven't set up the system yet, so not running and not sure what issues will encounter. From a space perspective, they fit.

This is EXACTLY what I want to run. Any update you can provide?

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you! I ended up cutting out the divider, hopefully bubbles don’t make it through.
How did this work with the bubbles? I assume it worked well for you, how was the material to cut, im thinking about getting this sump for an upgrade, but I want two pumps, and i was thinking about chopping up a 900$ sump. I can't believe they make the return section so small I would go with the 60" if the return section was bigger but both are very small. How do you like this sump since this original post? Thanks!

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not doing a fuge on the new tank, while they are great I can't stand the mess. hopefully with the skimmer in the first section and a scrubber in the second I won't have an issue.

Here is the tool I used-

@thatmanMIKEson

Here is the tool I used, sump worked great and no bubbles. Went along the glue line and it popped right out

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back