Bashsea Sump Dual Returns

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hydrored
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have the SS-60 for a new tank i am sitting up in the next month. Purchased 2 Reef Octopus Vario S-6 pumps for dual return pumps. I was able to dry fit them as long as I pulled the muffler off the front. I have them sideways, each facing opposite direction so the vertical pluming will be offset as well. Plan on screw on or glue some sort of low profile "grill" to keep anything chunk from getting sucked into the pump and damaging them. Haven't set up the system yet, so not running and not sure what issues will encounter. From a space perspective, they fit.
love to see your results once you have it setup
 
I have the SS-60 for a new tank i am sitting up in the next month. Purchased 2 Reef Octopus Vario S-6 pumps for dual return pumps. I was able to dry fit them as long as I pulled the muffler off the front. I have them sideways, each facing opposite direction so the vertical pluming will be offset as well. Plan on screw on or glue some sort of low profile "grill" to keep anything chunk from getting sucked into the pump and damaging them. Haven't set up the system yet, so not running and not sure what issues will encounter. From a space perspective, they fit.

This is EXACTLY what I want to run. Any update you can provide?
 
thank you! I ended up cutting out the divider, hopefully bubbles don’t make it through.
How did this work with the bubbles? I assume it worked well for you, how was the material to cut, im thinking about getting this sump for an upgrade, but I want two pumps, and i was thinking about chopping up a 900$ sump. I can't believe they make the return section so small I would go with the 60" if the return section was bigger but both are very small. How do you like this sump since this original post? Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new