Battery Backup Air

TheReefOdyssey

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Earth
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am looking for a quality backup air for doomsday scenario of power outage. After taking a 15 year hiatus from the aquarium trade, I've plunged back in full bore. With a recent heat wave in the North East of the US ,I've had numerous customers tell me that they lost power and fish. I want a very high quality and reliable battery backup air pump. Back in the day I used to get this large battery backup that was mostly white color with blue graphics sitting on a quality black rubberized bottom that had little nipples that observed vibration and had two air outlets and plugged into 110 and could sense when power went out. It was awesome, had a red and green light and a flexible clear water resistant cover on the toggle switch with different options: one was on position with power, the other battery only and the third was on with battery backup. Do any of the OG's remember the model I'm talking about? I cant remember the name, I think I used to get them from All Seas Marine......is it still around, is there something better today?

Kind Regards
 
You could also get a portable inverter generator.
They are quite cheap.

Of course this requires you to be at home and notice the power outage, but you might be able to keep it running for far longer than an expensive battery. Both is probably best.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new