Battle or not, if so which will win

  • Thread starter Thread starter paraletho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

paraletho

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
400
Location
Sabine Pass Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orange Lobo which is being encroached upon by a colony of Ricordea. I can move either one but they are both happy and growing so if I don't need to why do it. I know Lobo in general is pretty tough and has a pretty potent sting. But an old friend and LFS owner used to call mushrooms of any kind creeping anenomes and said they were a scourge and to be careful.
 
My money is on lobo. They can defend themselves. Lobos will fight each if they feel threatened. I had several do major damage to others. They can spit insides out a few inches like an echinata. However unlike an enchinata attack. The other coral may survive.
 
I lost an Acan to an orange Yuma...so I'd bet on the ricordea

Sorry about the poor pics, but I think you can see the yuma "hugging" the acan and how far it had to reach to do so.
Yuma vs acan.jpg


Acan head was down to skeleton in under 24hrs
dead acan.jpg
 
They were really expanded the other day and it looks like the ricordea left a blister on the Lobo. I'm gonna play it safe and move them. Like everyone else in this hobby I am running out of room.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new